• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Brom (A, FAC) 28/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

Who is this thick biased northerner who is the assistant commentator on ITV Sport?

Tough to break them down if we try and build so slowly. They're putting two lines of 4 and 5 really compact in front of goal and it's only when there's a sniff of a counter that we have any space to do anything.

Definitely a deliberate tactic in the opening 10 mins for us to slow things down and play safe.

Picked up a bit in the last 10 mins, though.
I feel like those are different things! But I agree we weren’t urgent in the opening stages.

I feel like those are different things! But I agree we weren’t urgent in the opening stages.
It’s not difficult to look organised when the opposition are happy to tap it around the defence to slow the game down (is the main point).

Pleased we’ve picked up since then but agree with others in that we’re quite a fair bit below our best at the moment.

Set pieces have been horrible so far.

Tough to break them down if we try and build so slowly. They're putting two lines of 4 and 5 really compact in front of goal and it's only when there's a sniff of a counter that we have any space to do anything.
No answer to them parking the bus and attacking wise we're relying on Neto or Cunha to have a moment of individual brilliance.

If people were expecting us to play nice flowing football today then they were very much mistaken, it was always going to be a battle.

Bellegarde is a completely beige footballer from what I’ve seen of him in a Wolves shirt. Far from convinced.

You’d almost rather have Fraser playing through the middle with Cunha & Neto either side, as Bellegarde is offering nothing at the moment.

It’s not difficult to look organised when the opposition are happy to tap it around the defence to slow the game down (is the main point).
A bit chicken and egg for me but fair enough

Who taught all of these commentator idiots to pronounce Bellegarde as Bellergard? And, what on earth was the main commentator doing talking about WBA playing in indigo? Time to turn to another language commentary.

One thing I think is clear is that Doyle can’t slot next to Lemina as seamlessly as he did with Gomes.

Albion nearly with an OG after good work from Bellegarde and Cunha I think.

Back