• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 1 Wolves 0 - Verdict Thread

Your opinion of looking like scoring is obviously different to mine.

If we are clutching to that zyro chance as a meaningful effort then it's desperate times.

If we are clutching to that zyro chance as a meaningful effort then it's desperate times.

It really is desperate times tbf. Did you not get the memo?

You didn't say 'looking like scoring' but that we had no shots on target.

If you look at what I said likelihood of scoring wasn't being suggested, merely that it was on target

(having looked back you did say looking like scoring, but my reply suggest that I would agree with that)

This West Ham site seems to give a good account of us.

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/January/9-January/Wolves-report

From the article,

The Hammers made a sleepy start at the Boleyn Ground and Wolves went alarmingly close within the first 30 seconds. Rajiv Van La Parra’s teasing centre from the right was begging to be tapped home, but instead drifted past an unsure Reid and right across the face of post.

It took the hosts the best part of 20 minutes to test Ikeme in the visitors’ goal, who comfortably fielded Zarate’s 20-yard drive, before stooping to his left to palm Obiang’s deflected effort around the post.

The second half was punctuated by a lengthy stoppage following an injury to Bjorn Sigurdarson, who was eventually stretchered from the field. Former Reading man Adam Le Fondre took his place.

With 25 to play Bilic called on Payet to provide a much-needed spark. Skipper Mark Noble made way.

But Wolves were having a good go too.

It really is desperate times tbf. Did you not get the memo?

Yeah just pretty pissed off with everything Wolves at the minute and I apologise if my posts are angry/aggressive/negative/annoying/etc.

This Afobe business has really pissed me off. The camels back was already broken so don't know how to describe how I feel now!

Just seen the goal, naive defending from Batth gets drawn towards the ball and lets his man go leaving him unmarked

Bolton replay on 19th, doubt will effect our fixture.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

4th round is on the weekend of our Bolton game. Will definitely affect our fixture unless Eastleigh pull off a miracle.

Arrrr fourth round. Hope it's not rescheduled when I can't go. Missed Rotherham last season and we won 5-0, was not pleased.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Honourable effort but West Ham's quality came through in the end.

Think I heard Edwards' name on the 2nd half commentary about twice, says it all. Hate to single the bloke out every game but he offers absolutely nothing. Speaks volumes about this manager that he continues to get a shirt while we loan out a promising player in Wallace who never got a chance in his actual position.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Pretty unfair to slate a player based on commentary!

The desire to identify a scapegoat transcends the spirit of FairPlay. Didn't you get the memo?

Problem with Edwards is that an anonymous performance is EXPECTED of him at this point so people will notice his...erm, invisibility all the more for that! Not suggesting at all he hasn't been as bad as people have said though because we can do a LOT better than him in the role he plays as likeable as he seems to be outside of the pitch

I was there Stu, he was diabolical! He gave us absolutely nothing in an attacking sense

So was I - he was a body on the pitch yesterday & did contribute, but no more than any of our other players would have. Didn't do what was needed for the position he was playing (though in truth don't think that any of our players had enough self belief to think they could go on and win the game, despite the fact that we could have and West Ham were far from imperious)

Anybody that has watched us this season and thinks that Edwards is the problem knows F All about the game. FACT!!

Anybody that has watched us this season and thinks that Edwards is the problem knows F All about the game. FACT!!

No he's not entirely the problem, there are others.

Then again he's not really the answer either

I totally agree Deja Vu. Its Jackett's fault for bloody playing Edwards...

Back