• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 5/4 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf I did say other day we might need to buy two because of AFCON

I agree, but I'm a bit twitchy as we've struggled to identify and nab one proper upgrade since we've been in the PL, let alone two...

why is silva replacing podence

Neville says we defended the third like an under nines team.

he was right
The trouble is we have a back four made up of players who don’t have an instinct for defending. There’s only really Boly and Jonny that have that instinct in our squad. That needs addressing. We will continue to be exposed playing the current personnel.

Fabio on for Pod, donr know what i think about that..like Pods creativity

Nothing has changed since kick off. A centre back to go with Boly, a centre mid to go with neves.

Understand people wanting a left back mind
We still concede goals with this set up and approach though. Donk and Neves aren't just doing their own thing, the space they leave in front of the 2 centre backs is something that Nuno does and it doesn't work, it leaves us open to any counter attack and i'll never understand it. We're very naive and reluctant when it comes to challenges too, it's a mentality issue. Obviously Saiss and Coady aren't what we want in a back 4 but leave them open like this and you give them no chance, Donk is well out of form but ask him to move out wide when we have the ball in certain areas and he's going to leave spaces and so will any other midfielder in there.

We obviously need better players in the positions mentioned but we can't just ignore that there's a big issue regarding Nuno and as i keep saying our approach, mentality and set up. Biggest issue is these problems arise in every game for a significant period, we're either too deep and too passive and don't get bodies forward or we're too open and push too many bodies forward and leave acres of space for counter attacks in too many games. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground at the moment and i don't think even with all the bullshit around this season we can use it as an excuse for it to happen so often.

I agree, but I'm a bit twitchy as we've struggled to identify and nab one proper upgrade since we've been in the PL, let alone two...
Why haven't you ever mentioned this before ?????

WJ that was a simple.pass to make

Kind of looks like a 4-2-2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back