• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 5/4 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we playing so open? West Ham must think it's their birthday. Our shooting is pathetic; try getting it on target.

I know it seems weird, but I'm actually pretty happy with that first half. It's been really entertaining, we've played some great football, with some really inventive movement - it's been really refreshing. Obviously defensively it's been a complete shambles at times, but it's always going to be with such a massive shift in intent. The problem is I actually think Jonny is the only defender we've got that I'm genuinely comfortable with seeing in a back 4, as I do worry a little about Boly. Obviously too much to expect a whole new back four, but a left back, centre back and an Ndidi/Kante type and I'm pretty happy.
Surprising I’m in a similar boat. CM with legs who can put themselves about to play along neves, and sort the defence . Look decent going forward

People will continue to stick up for Rui but he's not been good enough at all this season. Position should be reviewed in the window
I have been one of his biggest critics. The mistakes just keep coming.

What`s going on inside Traore`s head? Done near enough eff all all game and then it`s as if someone flicks a switch and he explodes into action. Hope it isn`t the last we see of him this game.

What happens when Boly or the new CB are injured? Or when Boly is at the ACN? 😲 If the rest of our CBs can't play in a four?
Tbf I did say other day we might need to buy two because of AFCON

What happens when Boly or the new CB are injured? Or when Boly is at the ACN? 😲 If the rest of our CBs can't play in a four?
I think the DM is the key. Get a good one in the summer and you’re CB are neither as vulnerable

Why are we playing so open? West Ham must think it's their birthday. Our shooting is pathetic; try getting it on target.
Open is fine if you score. We lack the killer touch tonight - same all season.

Or again, we stick with the formation which served us so well. 4 at the back and, at best, we become another team lucky to stay up every season.
We’ll see

Neves can’t play at the base in this system, in this league, in our team either. Way to immobile.

If anyone ever wanted to know why Nuno didn't play a more attacking style, well this is it.

It sounds like we're reaching a group conclusion that most of our players, with the exception of the likes of Neves, Raul and Neto, are essentially Doc? Good in a very rarefied and specific way, not much use otherwise??

The 4 at the back with the players we’ve got currently available seems a bit fool hardy.
Stick to what serves you well until the season is over at least.

Wolverhampton Wanderers will be playing 44fucking2

I know it seems weird, but I'm actually pretty happy with that first half. It's been really entertaining, we've played some great football, with some really inventive movement - it's been really refreshing. Obviously defensively it's been a complete shambles at times, but it's always going to be with such a massive shift in intent. The problem is I actually think Jonny is the only defender we've got that I'm genuinely comfortable with seeing in a back 4, as I do worry a little about Boly. Obviously too much to expect a whole new back four, but a left back, centre back and an Ndidi/Kante type and I'm pretty happy.
I'd prefer a boring 0-0 personally, if we'd set up like this for another 5 or so games, we'd be in the bottom 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back