• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham United (H) 14/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semedo Collins Toti Bueno

Podence Neves Nunes Aït-Nouri

Cunha Raúl

SUBS: Sarkic, Jonny, Lembikisa, Kilman, Moutinho, Hodge, Hwang, Guedes, Adama
Same team for me.

2022/23: L 0-2 (A)
2021/22: W 1-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2020/21: L 2-3 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2019/20: W 2-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2018/19: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2015/16: L 0-1 (A, FAC)
2010/11: D 1-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2009/10: L 0-2 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2004/5: W 4-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2003/4: L 1-3 (H, FAC)

Some big games around us this weekend too which makes it even more important to get a result.

Villa vs Leeds
Everton vs Southampton
Forest vs Leicester

Huge game , almost a must win even though it's still very early in January . It just feels like it is .
Moyes is well experienced in dragging teams out of trouble , real old school in that regard .

And yes as pointed out above , it's a weekend where a lot of the bottom 8 are playing each other or clubs not far off them . We dare not fall away further .

People are looking at the following two matches and are writing them off - I don't think we should be doing that . We're much improved and clearly have more options now with more players playing to their level than had been the case before November .
We still need to score more of course , but you must create them first and that is now happening .

Don't think anyone is writing them off. It's not impossible to get results in those games just much less likely than a home game against a team who have looked dreadful recently.

It seems to me there's far too much positivity for this game going by the prediction thread, no losses, only one draw, all the rest wins!😀

It seems to me there's far too much positivity for this game going by the prediction thread, no losses, only one draw, all the rest wins!😀
I think it's more a case of if we're not good enough to beat these at home, then we really will be in trouble. I, for one, don't want to think about that just yet, and I think we've shown enough under JL to be at least optimistic. "Positive" might be taking things a step too far, though :)

Meanwhile...........back to a very important match tomorrow . Little point in signing lots of players and still sit in the bottom 3 come 5pm Saturday , maybe even bottom if Southampton beat Everton and we lose .

A win here would make for a very enjoyable Saturday evening .

I take it that Lemina wasn't involved in the rucking and mauling at the City Ground?

Always been a glass half empty person where Wolves are concerned, really hoping for a win tomorrow but as always expect the worst ( drives my Lads round the bend)
I handle it much better at Molineux nowadays, belly full of Glow I reckon, hate watching us on the telly.

........................... Sa

Semedo - Collins - Kilman - Bueno

................. Nunes - Neves

....... Cunha - Moutinho - Podence

.......................Jimenez

RAN, Traore, Hwang and Lemina to come on as needed.

For the first time in a year or so it's matchday I've bounced out of bed and out the door excited for the day ahead win lose or draw.

This is why I have the hostility towards Lage I do, he made football an expensive chore. Paying the thick end of £600 to stare at my phone (something I've only done under Lage) because watching us battle to a 1-1 draw against the mighty Norwich was retinal cancer.

Viva la Lopetegui.

Think he would have been on the bench though

I hope Glasgow is right or else we lose a vital ITK source...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back