• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham United (H) 14/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems the best we could hope for.

For all the reasons discussed Kilman needs taking out of the team, I'm not at the Toti is a better option stage yet though.

The way he's been managed in the cup I think Moutinho will play and we'll go 433 with either Cunha or Raul on the bench depending on whether he trusts the former to start a game yet

I think 442 has looked the best shape so far, any combination of midfielders currently on the books ends up too flat in a three and that gives opponent backlines too much breathing space.

Problems for me are that the two genuine centre forwards don't appear to be up to much lately and majority of the wide options look more comfortable higher up the pitch as part of a front three than midfield four. It's definitely the shape I'd go for, with Cunha accompanying someone up top, but still a few holes in personnel at the moment.

I think Julen will go with

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno
Neves Nunes
Hwang Moutinho Podence
Cunha

...............................Sa
Semedo.....Collins......Kilman.....Bueno
.........Nunes......Neves.........Moutinho
....Podence......Cunha........RAN

Got to be 4-4-2 as when we play that, we look comfortable and threatening.

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno
Hwang Neves Nunes RAN
Cunha
Raul​

Definitely don't want to see Toti starting for this Kilman isn't in good form at all but he's still a better option.

This is a must win game with the 2 we have got coming up after it. West Ham are dreadful, just hopefully we don't see a tired performance. I know we have rotated the team as much as possible but there are still players there that have played the majority of the games.

Definitely don't want to see Toti starting for this Kilman isn't in good form at all but he's still a better option.

This is a must win game with the 2 we have got coming up after it. West Ham are dreadful, just hopefully we don't see a tired performance. I know we have rotated the team as much as possible but there are still players there that have played the majority of the games.
I think Lope has managed the squad really well throughout this period tbh. Rotated well without performances dropping off too badly.

Obviously a win would be very useful at this stage but not sure it's a 'must win' though.
Plenty of games left but we do need to start picking wins up soon against teams around us and try and shithouse a few against some of the top teams. Think the squad should be as fresh as it can be given our rotation in the last couple.

I think Lope has managed the squad really well throughout this period tbh. Rotated well without performances dropping off too badly.
I agree but some have still played a lot of football in the last 7 days and wr still have some niggle injuries.

Was also hoping for at least one more player through the door for this game.

Obviously a win would be very useful at this stage but not sure it's a 'must win' though.
Plenty of games left but we do need to start picking wins up soon against teams around us and try and shithouse a few against some of the top teams. Think the squad should be as fresh as it can be given our rotation in the last couple.
It definitely is a must win West Ham are 4th from bottom and shite. We have to win these home games against team around us if we are going to stay up.

It definitely is a must win West Ham are 4th from bottom and shite. We have to win these home games against team around us if we are going to stay up.
So your saying if we lose or draw this game, it's all over? What we need is a run of games where we pick up points, be great if we start that at the weekend but not pivotal imo.

It's a vital, vital game. We've got 20 games left and we need a minimum of 22 points to survive, and whilst yes, we may get a few points here and there against the big 6, Newcastle and Brighton, the overwhelming majority is going to have to come from the other 11 teams, of which West Ham are amongst the worst. If we're having to rely on 'surprise' points against the big guns then we're in dangerous territory.

I'd go 442:

Sa
Semedo - Collins - Kilman - Bueno
Podence -Nunes - Neves - RAN
Cunha - Raul

Last edited:
So your saying if we lose or draw this game, it's all over? What we need is a run of games where we pick up points, be great if we start that at the weekend but not pivotal imo.
We have got Liverpool and Man City after it. Not impossible to get something out of those but unlikely. If we don't win on Saturday we could easily find ourselves in a dreadful position.

I think so. Lose Sat and by the end of Jan we could find ourselves 7/8 points adrift which is an absolute mountain to climb when you've only picked up 14 points all season.

I think, going on the last two matches with regards decisions going against us, a loss on Saturday could be devastating for morale.

I think we can take points off Liverpool tbf. They’ve been awful away from home this season
No game is a foregone conclusion under Lopetegui in my opinion. If course City could turn up and just be unplayable but we're no longer there just to make up the numbers in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back