• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Forest (A) League cup QF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score

Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno

Moutinho Neves Matheus

Adama Cunha Hwang

SUBS: Sarkic, Toti, Mosquera, Aït-Nouri, Jonny, Hodge, Ronan, Guedes, Raúl

Full strength. Let's smash these fuckers.

Assuming Podence & Diego are both still out.

be interesting to see what Julen does if Joao is still injured too. Be tempted to play 442 again, even let Guedes play off the striker.

Full strength, may actually play Toti instead of Max, he needs a break the boy does

Semedo Collins Kilman Jonny

Adama Neves Matheus Bueno

Raul Guedes
Bueno in for RAN if he's not fit otherwise RAN in and Bueno at FB.

Maybe it was just the game and the space offered from it, but I actually thought Guedes did well yesterday playing the role he did. I'd be tempted to start him again mainly as he actually looked a footballer and not a pyramid scheme.

It's great how we're suddenly very flexible tactically. I think Lop has used 4 or 5 formations already at various points, who last played 4-4-2 for us, Lambert, Ken? They're not Saunders-style changes for the sake of it either.

Previously we were so easy to read and even easier to play against.

The upgrade in manager is like going from Ethan Ebanks-Landell to peak Willy Boly at centre half.

It's great how we're suddenly very flexible tactically. I think Lop has used 4 or 5 formations already at various points, who last played 4-4-2 for us, Lambert, Ken? They're not Saunders-style changes for the sake of it either.

The upgrade in manager is like going from Ethan Ebanks-Landell to peak Willy Boly at centre half.
Also great how we use all 5 subs intelligently. Remember Leeds away first game of the season? 1 sub out of 5 made and that was with about 10 minutes to go. Fucking idiot.

Also great how we use all 5 subs intelligently. Remember Leeds away first game of the season? 1 sub out of 5 made and that was with about 10 minutes to go. Fucking idiot.
Fulham at home. Literally 38 degrees (probably hotter at pitch level). Nah mate, don't make any changes, this seems fine.

Sa
Semedo - Collins - Toti - RAN
Neves - Nunes
Pod
Adama - Cunha - Hwang​

Moutinho Neves Matheus

Adama Cunha Hwang

Be happy with this, dunno if Moutinho will be fit in time, after last night no issue with Hodge instead.
Dunno if Cunha is up to starting suspect Raul will start if he's recovered in time.

I know we're still in deep shit and yes we might still go down but I'm starting to get excited about every game as I was under Nuno.

Was just saying to my lad, early days and probably enforced atm but JL appears to be one of the best I've seen making the right sub at the right time.

...........................Sa

Semedo - Collins - Kilman - Bueno

..................Neves - Nunes

.......Hwang - Moutinho - RAN

......................Jimenez

I don’t think we have the players for the 433/4231. Moutinho doing OK in there but we can be better

I’d be sticking with a midfield 2 of Neves and Nunes. Build the rest round that. Also think it suits a lot of the forward players in a front 2 and obviously Adama as a RW.

Moutinho Neves Matheus

Adama Cunha Hwang

I’d be tempted to start RAN potentially but other than that pretty Bob on

Did Julen say anything about RAN after the Liverpool game? I assume the whole presser was swamped by questions over the shite officiating/decisions.

Hopefully RAN is fit. If he is, he has to start.

Did Julen say anything about RAN after the Liverpool game? I assume the whole presser was swamped by questions over the shite officiating/decisions.

Hopefully RAN is fit. If he is, he has to start.
He is quite guarded on injuries bar "we have some...not telling you who though"

No doubt he will be asked in the presser ahead of this one and we will probably just get "it's being looked at"

Given the performance the other night I think we can afford to be a little bit mix and match for this whilst keeping the theoretical best 11 for Saturday

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Jonny
Traore Nunes Hodge Hwang
Guedes Costa

Assuming no further injuries Saturday is then
Sa
Nunes Neves
Moutinho
Podence Cunha RAN

Bueno in for Jonny for me. Johnson will breeze past Jonny, so would have Bueno's pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back