• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Forest (A) League cup QF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EFL are working on removing the 3pm blackout I think.
From 24/25 season

So will there be a stream for this?
If so could you PM me please
Streams are illegal and only yesterday there are stories in the press that Police are looking to find culprits using them.

A note to all - Please stop asking for them - such posts will be deleted and disciplinary action will be taken. The Forum, that we all contributed to keep going, should not be put at risk of potential legal action.

Don't the Bundesliga also charge very reasonable admission prices to stadiums too or is that an outdated myth?
Very much outdated these days (although plenty of PL clubs absolutely take the piss, ourselves included)

It's well over £30 for a matchday ticket to watch HSV in most parts of the ground, and they're in 2.Bundesliga with a ground that holds 57k. It isn't cheap at all.

I think the myth was perpetuated around the time that the Emirates opened. There were Arsenal fans flying Easyjet or Ryanair to Dortmund and getting a BVB ticket for less than the ticket at Arsenal.

But Arsenal ticket prices are absolutely insane.

Streams are illegal and only yesterday there are stories in the press that Police are looking to find culprits using them.

A note to all - Please stop asking for them - such posts will be deleted and disciplinary action will be taken. The Forum, that we all contributed to keep going, should not be put at risk of potential legal action.
My apologies.

It definitely *was* cheap a long time ago. Was 30DM/€10 for me to watch St Pauli and they were top flight then. No way would any Premier League club in 2001/2 have been charging under a tenner! But it's steadily increased since.

What people sometimes do is compare ultra-low cost season tickets in the Bundesliga that realistically are impossible to snap up to regular season ticket costs in the Premier League, it's disingenuous.

The Premier League is definitely more expensive on average, but not by a massive factor now and after all, it's a far superior league in terms of quality (leaving aside that the Bundesliga is a complete formality for Bayern as it stands and has been for an entire decade).

Am I right in thinking there are a tiny number of STHs at Bayern at basically peppercorn prices but those STHs have held them probably since Gerd Muller was strutting his stuff so they never ever make the market?

As mentioned earlier on the thread, it is ridiculous that Sky have the rights to the Carabao Cup yet are only showing 2 out of the 4 games live. Surely they could show all 4? What makes the Amazon coverage so good is that you get to choose which game you want to watch.

Am I right in thinking there are a tiny number of STHs at Bayern at basically peppercorn prices but those STHs have held them probably since Gerd Muller was strutting his stuff so they never ever make the market?
Yeah, pretty much. A few clubs do that.

On the flipside, I very much doubt any Bundesliga clubs would do what we've done since 2019, ie charge vastly more year-on-year for a steadily worsening product. They don't get away with that kind of nonsense because of fan representation.

As mentioned earlier on the thread, it is ridiculous that Sky have the rights to the Carabao Cup yet are only showing 2 out of the 4 games live. Surely they could show all 4? What makes the Amazon coverage so good is that you get to choose which game you want to watch.
I'm not having Amazon being lionised :)

1) They only ever get two blocks of games per season. Pretty easy to block book them out and fund a dedicated broadcast for each one. Less so if they were a major player. BT had all the midweek games for a round earlier in the season (when we played Bournemouth away, what a great match that was) and showed them all, it's not revolutionary

2) People bang on about how much cheaper they are compared to a Sky/BT sub, yeah sure, but again if they had more games then the price would absolutely rocket

3) Amazon are cunts, even in comparison to Sky who were owned by Murdoch for decades and BT who employ Jake Humphrey, they're a truly loathsome company, I wish they'd fuck off out of football and sport in general

4) FURTHER fragmenting broadcast rights so you have to subscribe to more and more companies is a terrible thing, not least as counter-intuitively, it's anti-consumer choice

The one plus point of those Amazon weeks is they have all the games so all the good comms who are freelance go and work for Amazon for that week. So you get Shearer McCoist etc etc.

The rest of the offering is no different to when BT do the show all the games week. And its another expense.

Eight weeks or so and I get every game on Foxtel or whatever the system is in Oz. Lots of Mark Bosnich braying like a buffoon though so the Lord giveth and he taketh away.

I'm not having Amazon being lionised :)

3) Amazon are cunts, even in comparison to Sky who were owned by Murdoch for decades and BT who employ Jake Humphrey, they're a truly loathsome company, I wish they'd fuck off out of football and sport in general
Not sure I agree there - I'm not sure anyone in the last 50 years has done more harm to global society than Murdoch.

Not sure I agree there - I'm not sure anyone in the last 50 years has done more harm to global society than Murdoch.
Vladimir Putin wants to have a word

So will there be a stream for this?
If so could you PM me please

edit: sorry, I'm working from the back arse of nowhere today and on a hotspot off my phone so the thread hadn't refreshed when I posted this. Only just seen Sniffer's reply, so I'll get back in my box!

Last edited by a moderator:
They are easy enough to find just by Googling. There is no need to ask on here.

We will be clamping down and removing posts asking for streams specifically, as they are becoming far too common again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back