• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

Currently listening to Miles Hunt and Tommy Hingley solo stuff ready for a few gigs in the next few months.

I've only ever known one person outside of this forum who said "I like Pearl Jam". He was a Latin teacher at a grammar school who wore white socks and grey shoes.

I've only ever known one person outside of this forum who said "I like Pearl Jam". He was a Latin teacher at a grammar school who wore white socks and grey shoes.
And yet, he couldn't be arsed to move to Portland. Poser.

Had the International Velvet album on tonight among other things, Strange Glue is such a fucking brilliant tune.

Plastic Bertrand. Ca plane pour moi! (It's working for me). Mad song
Something about his cat has drunk his whisky and wrecked his bed...
If I could play it faster I would.

Good call. Mudhoney were the originals though it tips the balance for me. Like trying to pick between Death and Obituary for Florida death metal though, tough choice.

It matters not a fuck who was first or who was best at a particular genre, you like it or you don't, that's the end of of it.
I like some of Mudhoney, some of Nirvana, some of Pearl Jam, some of Alice in Chains, some of Soundgarden. I actually think Audioslave was a better band than all of them (controversial) not really Grunge but who gives a fuck.
Not sure what I'm saying here, probably shouldn't post after I've been in the pub for 4 hours.

Audioslave were a very decent band and Cornell wails like few others. And Badmotorfinger is a brilliant Soundgarden album. Dirt is god by Alice in Chains. Anyone who doesn’t like Touch me I’m sick needs sectioning. Oh and Nirvana were ace. Plus any band that writes a tune as good as Alive has a load going for it.

Grunge wasnt a bad movement!

Audioslave were a very decent band and Cornell wails like few others. And Badmotorfinger is a brilliant Soundgarden album. Dirt is god by Alice in Chains. Anyone who doesn’t like Touch me I’m sick needs sectioning. Oh and Nirvana were ace. Plus any band that writes a tune as good as Alive has a load going for it.

Grunge wasnt a bad movement!
I liked Grunge, me and my kids really got together on that music, tbf it's all just rock music to me, I don't get hung up on genres or what's trendy at the time, just like what I like, can be classic rock, Grunge, numetal, heavy metal, prog, punk, folk, even some cheesy pop....its either good or it ain't.

inhaler by tad is also a decent album in that genre.
I seem to recall cobain saying he just wanted to be like the Jesus lizard though I dont remember exactly how explicitly he put it. anyway they are truly great.

So what are peoples music genre on TWF. Mine is the Indie scene from late 80s early 90s. Mostly the Madchester era.

So what are peoples music genre on TWF. Mine is pop-rap but mainly Betty Boo but I tell people it is the Indie scene from late 80s early 90s. Mostly the Madchester era to try and look cool
Brave admission

Pauls boring facts #1 It wasn't Plastic Bertrand that sung on the record, it was the record producer (and songwriter) Lou Deprijk, absolute classic song :)
Lyrics translation if you're interested: https://genius.com/Genius-english-t...-ca-plane-pour-moi-english-translation-lyrics
I haven't listened to any of his other stuff, but when i first heard that, the hook went straight in. then after all these years I heard it again and I put it on a playlist of 1 then listen to it for a couple of hours..

Back