• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

Pulp, 2 days after Mr Cocker was arrested for trying to put his arse in Jacko's face at the Brit Awards.

Hardly been to any gigs. When I have I don't know what to do myself. Just wanna stand still and sing :ROFLMAO:

Rob Davis? Went on to have song writing and producing career, wrote for Kylie and others, weirdly did a lot of club/dance stuff.
Nothing wrong with Mud and most of the glam rock stars, it was just fun, catchy pop music. (Don't mention GG though)

Edit, TT, fastest finger

Didn’t know that. Just googled looks like he’s been pretty successful for sure. 75 now and lives just up the road in Carshalton. Poor Les Grey died from cancer aged just 57.

No one is getting any younger, good memories of seeing them though, good glam rock band of the time.

Status Quo NEC 1984.
giphy.gif

One of my main regrets, never saw Quo, lost a bit of interest after about 1978.
To be fair they started changing in '77 after Blue For You although a lot of the album stuff was still really good, it was just the singles that started to define them. 1990 was when I really lost interest, well in the studio stuff anyway. I never missed a year seeing them live up until Rick Parfitt died, saw them once after that and that was my last time. There are so many quality tribute Quo bands out there now though I prefer watching them over pantomime Quo.

The Quo Live album (Glasgow Apollo '76) and the 1982 NEC Live album (Prince's Trust gig) are still probably my two favourite live albums to date.

To be fair they started changing in '77 after Blue For You although a lot of the album stuff was still really good, it was just the singles that started to define them. 1990 was when I really lost interest, well in the studio stuff anyway. I never missed a year seeing them live up until Rick Parfitt died, saw them once after that and that was my last time. There are so many quality tribute Quo bands out there now though I prefer watching them over pantomime Quo.
I agree, think it all started going downhill just before Lancaster left). We went to see John Coghlans Quo earlier this year at the Robin and it was excellent, sadly I think Coghlan is pretty much retiring now but the band will play on, not sure under what name though.

I agree, think it all started going downhill just before Lancaster left). We went to see John Coghlans Quo earlier this year at the Robin and it was excellent, sadly I think Coghlan is pretty much retiring now but the band will play on, not sure under what name though.
JCQ were brilliant, I saw their last gig in September in the Quo Convention in Minehead and John was absolutely done. He even stood up and fucked off half way through a signing session on the Saturday in the day without even saying a word. He's changed a lot over the past five years or so, he used to be a right laugh. I was at that Robin gig, always used to go when they were there.

John's going to carry on doing Quo songs in a jazz fashion from what I heard (how fucked up is that?) but Pete Mace and the others in JCQ are definitely carrying on. I just can't remember the name, I;; fond out. If you ever get chance to see Baz Barry's Spare Parts then do, they are the best Quo tribute band I've ever seen and they play some really obscure stuff. What To Do absolutely blew me away in September, I've always wanted to hear that live.

My daughters with JCQ in September...

1668860304417.png
1668860341210.png
1668860352020.png

JCQ were brilliant, I saw their last gig in September in the Quo Convention in Minehead and John was absolutely done. He even stood up and fucked off half way through a signing session on the Saturday in the day without even saying a word. He's changed a lot over the past five years or so, he used to be a right laugh. I was at that Robin gig, always used to go when they were there.

John's going to carry on doing Quo songs in a jazz fashion from what I heard (how fucked up is that?) but Pete Mace and the others in JCQ are definitely carrying on. I just can't remember the name, I;; fond out. If you ever get chance to see Baz Barry's Spare Parts then do, they are the best Quo tribute band I've ever seen and they play some really obscure stuff. What To Do absolutely blew me away in September, I've always wanted to hear that live.

My daughters with JCQ in September...

View attachment 6370
View attachment 6371
View attachment 6372

Only thing I was a bit disappointed with at their last Robin gig was John not being able to play the stuff that's my favourites, you could see he was struggling all through.
Time catches up with us all unfortunately, 76 years old and probably 60 of them playing rock n roll and living a rockers lifestyle is not gunna do much for your health.

Back