• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Whisk(e)y

You can't convince me that any whisky is worth that much. It's absurd.

I'd genuinely rather suck down PBR for the rest of my life than get conned that badly. (Yes, I appreciate that PBR is a con in its own right).

On a similar note of "holy shit, what the fuck is this number on my bill", I got charged $18 for a shot of Jameson the other night. $18 for 2oz of okay-ish liquor!

I thought I lived in the South, not fucking Los Angeles.

I'd genuinely rather suck down PBR for the rest of my life than get conned that badly. (Yes, I appreciate that PBR is a con in its own right).
Luckily we've got enough good quality distilleries here that we can still get excellent quality whisky without having to pay the premium that comes with brands like Macallan.

There's no crazy secondary market like you get with the most sought after Bourbons as well luckily.

On a similar note of "holy shit, what the fuck is this number on my bill", I got charged $18 for a shot of Jameson the other night. $18 for 2oz of okay-ish liquor!

I thought I lived in the South, not fucking Los Angeles.
Standard Jameson? $18 is about the price for a 70cl bottle here!

Yeah, even bourbon barrel aged beers get that shit. It's like a limited edition sneaker drop. Who's got the time for that?

Who'd have thought someone would pay over $1m for Action Comics #1, Detective Comics #27 or Amazing Fantsay #15? Something is worth what people will pay, regardless of whether it's any good or not. And for clarity I'd take the 'Tec #27 over the whisky any day.

Standard Jameson? $18 is about the price for a 70cl bottle here!
It's not expensive by the bottle here! I was floored. In fairness, I didn't check which type of Jameson she actually gave me... It was 1:30am and the booze had been flowing for a while. And she was cute!

Look, what I'm saying is, I'm a simple man; I pay attention to cuties and dollar signs.
Who'd have thought someone would pay over $1m for Action Comics #1, Detective Comics #27 or Amazing Fantsay #15? Something is worth what people will pay, regardless of whether it's any good or not. And for clarity I'd take the 'Tec #27 over the whisky any day.
You ain't wrong, but damn it all if I'm not going to shake my fist about it.

You ain't wrong, but damn it all if I'm not going to shake my fist about it.
Pointless exercise though really. Go on the CGC forums and see what people pay for modern day manufactured collectible comics, it's rife. Whisky and the like isn't any different really.

Pointless exercise though really. Go on the CGC forums and see what people pay for modern day manufactured collectible comics, it's rife. Whisky and the like isn't any different really.
I can't tear down capitalism in a day, mate.

If Booz is having Detective 27 I will happily take Amazing 15. Always been Marvel rather than DC.

My sister has been over from Canada and bought me a bottle of Crown Royal Black and very nice it is too.

Back