• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Who are Wolves' biggest rivals?

KnowRivalryJR

Reaction score
Hi, Wolves Fans!

Loughborough University is collaborating with UMass on the Know Rivalry project, an international study on sports rivalry.

Although we have some suspicions on who might take the top spot for you... it would be fantastic if you could take 5-10 minutes to fill out the survey and give us your thoughts on who are the Portuguese national team's rivals: https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?collID=10&grpID=1336

Previous results in the US have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, including the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website

Some of you might remember our post last year and we have improved the survey content with the help of your constructive criticism

Please share this with any fans that may also want to help!

Done. With Wolves fans the rivalries can be a bit generational, I find fans older than myself dislike Villa and Bolton more than I do, whereas I rather dislike Birmingham as we have played them quite a lot over the past 15 years (before we got promoted anyway). Not everyone would see West Brom as our main rival although I imagine most would acknowledge that they are our 'main rival'.

It’s always been Albion as the main rival the.
The Villa rivalry is more of phoney one really.
Depends on when you grew up those of us who remember the 90’s don’t particularly like Bolton.

'Who are the Portuguese national teams rivals'?

Come again?

It’s always been Albion as the main rival the.
The Villa rivalry is more of phoney one really.
Depends on when you grew up
Albion are the clubs biggest rival, although I disagree with your second line, because of the 3rd. I personally dislike Villa over any other club including Albion

Last edited:
Reactions: b3h
That’s personal choice though since moving away from twitter it’s made my dislike of Villa a lot less.

That’s personal choice though since moving away from twitter it’s made my dislike of Villa a lot less.
Mine predates Twitter by about 30 years. The date in your username is one good reason why. Living in an overspill town where there was a bit of everyone, but more Villa than anything the 80s was tough

Yep I can understand it and they’re the most obnoxious arrogant bunch of supporters I’ve ever met.

Was the same here, mad how many Wolves fans have appeared now though.

Writing that out triggered me. I really really hate Bolton.

Enjoyed answering the question about what happened the last time we played them though. Lolz. Losers.

It's always Albion. Blues were definitely second for ages as their fanbase are pondlife, but we never play them any more.

These days it's more on individuals. So any club managed by Bruce/Allardyce/Pulis/Warnock/Redknapp/some other cunt I hate will fly up the list while they're in charge. Helpfully Albion keep employing people like that.

Albion - Stoke - Villa - Birmingham

Whilst I still detest Bolton, they're hardly "rivals" these days.

Albion for the club.

Villa and Blues for me.

Albion.

I've always loathed blues though. Worst fans by a mile.

Albion, Blues, Notlob. Villa didn't really bother me apart from when they were acting like cunts toward us under Bruce. Also can't stand the clayheads.

Back