• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Who do you want to go down?

Who do you want to go?

• Total voters
Leeds and forest for me. Just for their fan bases.

I don't mind Everton too much. The FFP stuff I get, but I'm more annoyed that the PL let them get away with it than I am with Everton for trying it.

Everton just for the lolz really, plus their fans could do with a dose of reality. I'd love Southampton to stay up but thats not going to happen - Leeds, Leicester & Forest are all much of a muchness

No one is that stupid
Their owner is. If he is in one of his wants favours from Mendes moods, he will.

I mean who in their right mind would contact Lage at the point we have binned him to see if he fancies another PL job straight away. He says no a d they stick with Cooper.

Where's "meh, really don't care"?? ;)

More seriously, there's reasons for and against them all really; Forest having a bunch of idiots v extra MGW money; Everton because they've cheated financially v they could go properly bust in the Championship, and no-one sensible wants that to happen; Leeds because of the owner and BFS v well, something?

Where's "meh, really don't care"?? ;)

More seriously, there's reasons for and against them all really; Forest having a bunch of idiots v extra MGW money; Everton because they've cheated financially v they could go properly bust in the Championship, and no-one sensible wants that to happen; Leeds because of the owner and BFS v well, something?
Shouldn't that be the natural consequence of financial cheating?

Clubs like Everton don't go bust in the liquidation sense, worse case they'd get 10 points for going into administration and have to rebuild like Derby. With parachute payments and the sale of Pickford and Onana they'd be OK for next season and probably come straight back up

Same here for those exact reasons.

Leicester and Everton for me too, although I'd be happy with any of the fuckers going.

I think Leicester have similar aspirations to ourselves and I can see them righting the ship for next season and trying to eat from the same trough as us again, and fuck Everton for cheating.

I can't stand Cooper and many of the Forest players, but most of the real life fans I know are decent enough compared to their online fuckwit equivalents

I put Leeds and Forest - but TBH I wouldn't be fussed whoever went down. I absolutely HATE the manufactured social media driven rivalries that keep occurring, namely with Villa a couple of seasons back and Forest this season. Can't be arsed with it, so if we don't have to play Forest, I won't have to unfollow quite as many people. So bloody tedious. I've absolutely nothing against them otherwise (agree with PK - met plenty of decent Forest fans IRL).

No-one likes Leeds. In fact, even Leeds fans probably hate Leeds so I won't shed a tear if they go down. If they do end up with BFS, then that makes me want them to go more than anyone else.

Everton going down doesn't seem possible as they're such a mainstay in the top flight and it's crazy that Leicester have regressed so much - would be interesting to see how each of them would fare in the Championship.

Leeds & Forest. Firstly Leeds are on a level par with Villa fans for arrogance and self entitlement. Sick of media saying how great Leeds fans are away from home no they just cause havoc. Forest for trying to portray themselves as little angels but are anything but and the fake rivalry they’ve built up with us.

Leeds because Leeds. Tough choice between Forest and Everton, but I went for Forest because hopefully they'll flush further for longer than the others. I don't subscribe to the 'teach the fans a lesson' theory for Everton (or Leicester) because a season as top dog (which they surely would be) isn't really a punishment when you know it's only temporary. Recall us in Div 2 1976/77 if you're old enough, or even us in L1 2017/18. I imagine Burnley fans have enjoyed this season far more than the ones that preceded and will probably follow it. I'd sooner see Everton finish 17th on GD every year. I don't mind competition next season - after all, we're supposed to be here to compete, not just stay up. We need a side good enough to beat decent teams to do that, which is what I'd hope to see.

leeds and everton for me, though I am a bit meh about it tbh.

forest I'm happy to see stay up. possibly alone in this, but I quite like steve cooper in the main, and want to see a british manager succeed. plus he does give younger talents opportunities. I don't think forest will have an amazing summer, and they'll be a bottom half team again next year.

I really don't see everton coming straight back up to be honest. I don't think they have the squad or manager to do that. I can see them languishing in the champ for some time.

Clubs like Everton don't go bust in the liquidation sense, worse case they'd get 10 points for going into administration and have to rebuild like Derby. With parachute payments and the sale of Pickford and Onana they'd be OK for next season and probably come straight back up
More chance of a second relegation and a Nou Mestalla white elephant on the banks of the Mersey. They made £60m profit on player trading in the last accounts and still lost millions and millions. They are desperate for investment to help pay for the stadium. Their squad will be gutted. And nobody buys them until it’s a dirt cheap few quid from an administration. They go down I would be exceedingly surprised if they bounced back.

Shouldn't that be the natural consequence of financial cheating?
Yes, it should be.

But then people might have said that about us in 1982 and 1986. As much as I have no particular love for Everton, I hate seeing other fans go through what we did.

I was too young to know that much about it, but did we fake our financial reports by millions?

I was too young to know that much about it, but did we fake our financial reports by millions?
No, but we actually went bust. Twice.

Whilst Everton have done various financial shenanigans, and clearly deserve to be relegated for that, it's what comes next that I don't want to see happen to anyone. It's why I'll happily lay rivalry aside and support the Albion fans with their protests against their ownership, because there's only one way that's heading unless someone else buys them.

It won’t. An investor will step in the admin and buy it for pennies and Moshiri (oh sorry I appear to have mis typed Usmanov) will lose the value of the investment. Plus guaranteed championship points deduction and their finances and wage bill years from fixing to EFL satisfaction. They won’t go bust but the roof will fall in pretty significantly

After long and careful consideration Leeds and Forest for me.
Leeds mainly because of fan base.
Forest because their fans gobbed at me back at the league cup final, plus MGW's antics and Cooper's ugly mug

I put Forest and Everton because someone talked me out of picking Leicester….

Back