• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Who will we play first game?

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
Only guesswork, but who do people think Wolves will play on the opening day of the 2016/17 season?

I think we might have a trip to Sheffield Wednesday, which will make a change from Blackburn Rovers...

Ipswich Town, home

The EFL....Just no

Only guesswork, but who do people think Wolves will play on the opening day of the 2016/17 season?

I think we might have a trip to Sheffield Wednesday, which will make a change from Blackburn Rovers...

I think we'll get Sheffield Wed away on 10th or 17th December, depending on home/away sequences. My gut feeling is Barnsley away

As I've said on previous thread pretty certain we'll be away first game due to Albion being away the following week in their first game.

Away at Burton would be nice.

Not that I'm doing aways at the moment but what would our allocation be at Burton, 1,000 tops? Should be fun when no-one has any loyalty points if we get them early.

Not that I'm doing aways at the moment but what would our allocation be at Burton, 1,000 tops? Should be fun when no-one has any loyalty points if we get them early.

1200 standing and a small amount of seats.

Apparently Burton are planning to put temporary seating in the corners.

I wouldn't be surprised if Burton play Newcastle United on the opening day.

If they do is imagine Newcastle would be at home.

We'll be away from home as Albion start their season away at Swansea a week later.

Huddersfield away and Van La Parra looking interested for one of the 3 games a season he will do.

Leeds United (a)
We win 2-0 with a display of slick inter-passing. Second goal is scored by Dave Edwards, his Euro winners medal still round his neck

Back