• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Who will win the Championship?

Who will win the Championship

• Cardiff City

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Derby County

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Wigan Athletic

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Fulham

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Wolves

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
Set to make a tidy £25 from my deluded Blue nose mate at work if we go up this year. When we got relegated to L1 I bet him that we'd get back in the Prem before them. He's added to that bet by saying we'll finish below them this season. Easy money!

I think we can push for the playoffs, but it isn't something that I'm expecting so I'm not going to get pissed off if we don't achieve it. We're statistically the best team to ever enter this division from below and Southampton and Norwich have shown that back to back promotions are possible.

I think I feel the same actually. The Championship - and indeed Wolves - have often shown us that the best squads on paper mean diddly squat next to a well run club with the right ethos and the correct character. Strange to think that Wolves fit the bill of the latter after what we went through but there's no doubt in my mind that we now do.

It's certainly not out of the question for us to go up again but I'm not demanding it or really expecting. I think it's hard to predict where we'll finish, which could make it an exciting year.

I hope the expectation levels don't skyrocket after the success of last year, when I thoroughly enjoyed going and soaking up such a positive atmosphere throughout most of the games I attended towards the end of the season.

I honestly have no idea.

I don't think we're strong enough to win it and the thought of a mid table finish holds no interest at all (I despise this division). As for any else, maybe ask again when the season starts and we can see who has bought in what...?

I'm thinking Wigan and Derby top two,and a plethora of clubs fighting for 3rd to 6th.

Regarding us I have absolutely no clue,I hope we're ready for a playoff battle.

I voted for other but I'm not entirely sure which team I'd go for. Forest, Watford, Boro and Ipswich will all be strong this year. Brighton are 1 or 2 players away from challenging as well, with £7M in the kitty from the Ulloa deal they could easily win it.

Comparing our squad with those teams, I'd say that we have just as much of a chance as any in this division to get promoted. Saying that, I'd be delighted to still be in the play-off mix towards the end of the season as long as we continue to develop as a team the way we did last year. Seeing the likes of Evans, Price and Batth develop their game would make me just as happy as high league finish, as would seeing one or two other development squad players make their debuts (Bancessi, Weeks, Ortega, Keita etc).

Forest won't be that strong - Pearce is a pretty piss-poor manager. Watford are putting a formidable squad together if it all gels.

Gomes

Cathcart Tamas Angella

Anya Tozser Battochio Pudil

Abdi

Vydra Deeney​

That's a quality first XI from Watford with players like Ekstrand, Hogan, Murray, Forestieri, Paredes, Dyer and McGugan in reserve... Wouldn't be surprised to see them end up as champions.

If Forest sort out their injury problems they'll be a force IMO. Pearce is shite but a lot of shite managers have got teams promoted from this league with much worse squads.

Darlow

Lichaj Hobbs Wilson Fox

Vaughan Lansbury

Paterson Reid Cohen

Veldwijk​

Danny Fox aside that's as good a first XI as any team will be able to field this year. A lot riding on the new Dutch striker though, no idea what he's going to be like.

My STH Forest mate reckons they are trying to get rid of Darlow for some baffling reason.

Taking Hennessey on loan

Isn't Hennessey going to be Palace's first choice this season?

Forest have no pace whatsoever in that XI barring Paterson.

Banking on a striker from the Dutch second division too...

Speroni isn't that good anyway. Palace fans were slating him at the start of the last season before Pulis came in. Fair play he improved but Hennessey is younger and better.

I've gone for us - I try not to pick our games on the fixed odds as I cannot put any other result than a Wolves win - all reason goes out the window. Hence my vote for us!!

Watford for me then

It seems a few of us were wide of the mark. Wigan are struggling badly, and Fulham will probably finish mid table.

Reversing rapidly from my Wigan prediction!

Derby and Boro for automatic. Bournemouth, Watford, Ipswich and Norwich in the play offs. With another offensive minded player in our team and an end to the current midfield 3 for home games against the lower teams and one of those play off places is ours to grasp

Back