• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Will Britain Survive?

Germanic and Scandinavians basically. Vikings and Saxons.

Thanks..so sxons is from Germany then.
One learn something new each day..at best.
Saxons were very aggressive and pushed the Britons to the edges and into Ireland. Basically became the English.

It's a bit of everything, Britons, Celts, Romans, Saxons, Vikings and Danes and then Norman's.....we've been invaded by everybody really.

It's been a bit quiet since the Normans to be fair

They're not part of the UK though, aren't they dependencies? (I accept being told if I'm wrong)

They're not part of the UK though, aren't they dependencies? (I accept being told if I'm wrong)
They are politically and culturally part of the British Isles (even though the archipeligo is not geographically), but not the UK. The CIs were part of the Duchy of Normandie (the reigning monarch is still referred to as 'Le Duc') and became independent with the return of Normandy to the French in 1204 with the CIs remaining loyal to the English crown.

The really worrying thing is this is the new Brexit. The bigger debate behind the asylum situation is of little interest to an awful lot of people - they just see the situation as absurd, want the boats stopped and hotels closed. For Britain to err, take back control.

It’s in the tories interests to fuel this one unfortunately, there are a lot of votes to be recovered by further division.

Hopefully people will see through this but they didn’t with Brexit and I’m not sure they will with this situation either.

It's definitely the next logical step after Brexit. What's the next one?

Stories like this get people angry locally. It's a dump, you'd never stay there even if you somehow wanted a hotel in Derby or the Midland over the road, but it's easy for people to see stories like this, hear Braverman talking about invasions and join the dots. Derby was heavily pro Brexit and still has more that one UKIP or whatever they are now called councillor in Alvaston/Allenton

The 1066 record stands.
William of Orange invaded in 1688 to overthrow James 2nd,
French landed at Fishguard in 1797 with 1400 troops' were supposed to land at Bristol but bad weather meant the landed at Fishguard.

“The alleged behaviour of some asylum seekers is never an excuse for violence and intimidation.”

Cruella 2 can’t help herself can she. Rather than just condemn the violence she has to put out the possibility that they bought it on themselves. Surprised she didn’t mention that if they hadn’t come here it would never have happened.

Last night she’d have been at home hearing about it and either
1. Said ‘excellent’ in a Mr Burns style
2. Got up punched the air and said ‘YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS, FUCKIN HAVE IT’