• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves’ Rúben Neves and Diogo Jota: ‘Porto has wine, food but here it’s fine’

Great article. Sad about that coffee shop and I hope they find new owners as it always seems really busy and popular.

Can't they let Paul Gladon run it?

They are right on all accounts. And I'm finding that I get more out of watching Wolves than Benfica at the moment. The Portuguese league is so bad in comparison to the EPL...

Shame about the coffee shop too. Would like to taste their Francesinha, if a couple guys from Porto like it, it should be good.

Just googled Francesinha. Blimey, I'm getting meat sweats already. They look amazing.

I tried a Francesinha in Lisbon last weekend. They ARE amazing. I got real meat sweats!

I tried a Francesinha in Lisbon last weekend. They ARE amazing. I got real meat sweats!

And it might not have been what is called a "real" francesinha. Since its a special recipe from northern Portugal, most places in Lisbon where we can eat it are just typical tourist traps. I've found a couple good places but most are bad.

As Neves said, while the meat must be good, the real secret is the sauce.

As Neves said, while the meat must be good, the real secret is the sauce.

ooh-matron-gif-10.gif

I’m going to pop in and try one next week, they look fucking lush.

Jota and I have the same shoes

a man of exceptional taste

I saw it a couple of months ago when Squeeze and I were in town and we had to pop into the jewellers on the other side of the road. I made comment that "I bet all the players love it there". Seems I was right. Very unpretentious looking place but a great corner spot.

Oh I did see it then as I was trying to think what the pub used to be called. Was it the Still?

Yes. (I think)

Might have been the Tap and Spile maybe. It's one of those two for sure.

Back