• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Chelsea: Verdict Thread

Well it does, doesn’t it? Money comes from somewhere. If wed finished 17th last year, would’ve been less income and maybe we wouldn’t have paid the 6m loan fee for trincao? We will never know
I highly doubt that made a bit of difference to a loan fee

960AFF07-0B17-404A-AB89-B86BB4D68B65.jpeg
Red all day long but yet again VAR fucks us over.

Depends if the people that are seen as key players, largely due to performances under a different manager desiring a different style, can adapt and continue to perform as well for a new manager wanting a different style.

Liverpool were transformed when they sold Coutinho, a risky move at face value as he'd been central to most of their attacking player prior to Klopp arriving but he didn't have the right style for the new man, or even really fit any particular position. Sometimes failing to make those bold decisions can be really detrimental, clinging onto the past and preventing you from fully embracing the new ideas.
O absolutely. But I’d imagine klopp didn’t see him as a ‘key player’ in the style he’d want to implement.

One of our main things will be replacing moutinho. We already need 1 centre mid without replaying him

I highly doubt that made a bit of difference to a loan fee
Just playing devils advocate, the money will have come from somewhere. To say where we finish in the prem and the money doesn’t impact what we do is just silly us what I’m getting at

It’s true but Klopp was backed by his teams board and owners to buy some talent. Bruno has been told the old mother Hubbard story so far which is , as you know , bollocks

Would Klopp have been given that money without selling Coutinho for £100m+?

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

Coutinho played all the time under Klopp and was good. He went because it was a stupid bid, not because he didn't fit the system.

I don't think any of our current players fit that description anyway, bar maybe Adama who probably doesn't suit anyone properly.

They're a far better side without him than they were with him, that doesn't mean he was playing badly before he left.

Whilst he wasn't completely at odds with rest of the team he wasn't a perfect fit for me. Didn't press as much as the likes of Mane and Salah, often holds the ball too long which doesn't fit with the way they play now and he was usually parked out on the left of the attack before they don't play with a #10.

Long term I think he'd have been replaced by a better fit anyway but when that offer came you have to take it and back yourself to spend the money to make it better straight away.

The handball decision was absolutely transparent and a clear indicator that the refereeing in this league is absolutely corrupt, as bad as the penalty decision against City. The league is now manufactured, the decisions will always go in favour of the 'big clubs'. I don't think I;m renewing next season, I love watching my club but I'm at the point where I refuse to pay the thick end of a grand to watch bent fucks make sure the status quo isn't upset. It's fucking disgraceful and nobody seems to want to do anything about it.

First time I've seen the handball, from that it looks like it deflects from his chest and then hits his arm. Irrespective of where the arm is, then that's not handball in the current interpretation of the laws. Similar situation to Bournemouth away 3 seasons ago and Mepham. It's a shit interpretation, but technically not handball if it did hit his chest (only seen the clip posted above)

Last edited:
The handball decision was absolutely transparent and a clear indicator that the refereeing in this league is absolutely corrupt, as bad as the penalty decision against City. The league is now manufactured, the decisions will always go in favour of the 'big clubs'. I don't think I;m renewing next season, I love watching my club but I'm at the point where I refuse to pay the thick end of a grand to watch bent fucks make sure the status quo isn't upset. It's fucking disgraceful and nobody seems to want to do anything about it.
I don’t think you’re alone

I feel similar. It was clear handball from 50 yards away. Did VAR even look at it? If they did the VAR ref is bent, if they didn't he's bent. There is simply no other explanation.

It looked like handball. Everyone screamed handball . If it’s given then VAR can apply the slide rule and go frame by frame. Coote bottled it imho

I feel similar. It was clear handball from 50 yards away. Did VAR even look at it? If they did the VAR ref is bent, if they didn't he's bent. There is simply no other explanation.
You could clearly see he nearly caught it from where I was sat, if the cunt Coote didn't see it from where he was then he's not fit to referee, if he did he's bent. And the refs manning VAR have already proved they're bent. I'm at the point of losing all vested interest in this game, it's corrupt as fuck. Probably has been for years but now it's blatant for all to see and nobody who can do anything about it cares.

First time I've seen the handball, from that it looks like it deflects from his chest and then hits his arm. Irrespective of where the arm is, then that's not handball in the current interpretation of the laws. Similar situation to Bournemouth away 3 seasons ago and Mepham. It's a shit interpretation, but technically not handball if it did his his chest (only seen the clip posted above)
Unfortunately, I think you're right

Coote has always been a complete bottlejob. He has no business refereeing at this level.

O absolutely. But I’d imagine klopp didn’t see him as a ‘key player’ in the style he’d want to implement.

One of our main things will be replacing moutinho. We already need 1 centre mid without replaying him

Well that's exactly the point, the players you or anyone else considers a key player based on what you've seen of them may not correlate with what Lage sees for his grand plan. Some may adapt but others may surprisingly be cut adrift in search of someone more suitable.

Look at Sa signing this summer, few thought it wise to replace Portugal's most successful keeper with an uncapped challenger but even with some bonkers moments he's proved a better fit for the team this season.

Most this season thought Coady's days would be numbered if Lage wanted to use a back four but there are signs he's changing his game as the season goes on. He looks a lot more assertive in his defending now I think, gets a lot tighter a lot sooner and happier to have a bit of a battle with people one on one in those situations at times. Maybe there's hope for him yet.

His performance when we played at Villa park in 2016 in the championship sticks in the mind.
Didn’t book James Chester for the most blatant second yellow ever, missed a clear penalty and didn’t see Greslish stamp on Coady. He seems like he wants an easy days work as opposed to doing his job.

Had to go out to see family today so i only got to listen to the first half on WM. Played really good first half, seems we defended second half, but got a good point. Just a reminder we played the Champions league winners today.
Currently i think Bruno and his coaching staff are doing a stellar job with pretty much the same squad as they inherited from Nuno and his staff.
It's clear what the problem is, and it's not the defence anymore. Hopefully in January we can alleviate the problem we have..

Back