• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Fulham: Verdict Thread

The tempo of our play is one of the biggest culprits of why we don't create. Glacial across the back and it does nothing, doesn't draw teams out of position so we go through the motions. Podence was completely anonymous and Dendoncker lost every tackle that wasn't more than 70/30 in his favour.

Gibbs White was our best player by some margin and he was only really good for 30 mins or so.

Guedes didn't look an improvement on what we have, early days but he showed no real quality.

The front 4 seemed to think attacking Is a game of Rondo. Unfortunately the opposition have more than 2 players and when you give it away they don’t give it you straight back to play again.

None of them were good but at least MGW puts himself about and completed some passes.

Fed up with Podence now. Too many awful games where he contributes nothing and if he’s not contributing anything with the ball he’s a total passenger. Lack of genuine front man to play into is clearly a massive problem, but fuck knows if we will sign anyone, they’ll be any good or Raul will come back firing.

Two CBs solid is probably the positive you can take.

Half decent footballer approaching £50-80 million. Just cannot see Fosun 'investing' that much. There doesn't appear much out there that Mendes can get in on a loan.

I think we’re in big trouble this season, the malaise has carried over from last season in fact I think it’s more of a case of our luck has finally run out.
We’ve amassed quantities of average players in forward areas or players that are a 1 in 5 performers.
Defensively we look decent however RAN looks awful so far.
Unless Guedes can fill the goal scoring void or Raul re-discovers his pre-injury form then I think it’s touch and go whether we stay up.
The board have criminally let this to happen, as for Bruno he’s been given a rough deal but not completely faultless and isn’t getting the absolute best out of all the squad.
Basically the club is in the process of self destructing the best position it’s found itself in years.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a single minute of either game, but the reports and results make me feel quite despondent. It seems like my worst fears could be realised and that we really are in for a struggle of a season. Already it seems difficult to find 3 sides worse than Wolves.
Yeah I think we are in big shit. I havent seen today's game yet but based on signings and results that other teams have made so far, I think we may struggle to find 3 worse teams than us this season.
Fosun have been negligent to say the least. If we dont strengthen the squad before the end of the window, I can see us in the bottom 3 by Xmas and you know how that usually turns out....

Can we sell Podence to Forest instead of MGW? A bid in the region of 50p should cover it and I’ll drive him there myself. Today he took over Hwang’s role from last season as the competition winner in the team. Why he was on the pitch after an hour is mystifying, well it would be if we didn’t have a manager totally out of his depth.

Almost certain we’ll be beaten at Spurs next Saturday, then puts huge pressure on Bruno going into the Newcastle and Bournemouth games. If we’re still winless by the end of the month he will be in huge trouble already.
It’s a scenario I can easily see occurring though as we don’t look capable of beating anyone.
Bruno is the natural fall guy, not all his fault but is probably more than out his depth at this level combined with a board that simply have neglected first team matters.

2 games in and so far Wolves haven't generated enough enthusiasm in me to watch the 'high lights' if there are any.
It's coming to something when I watched MOD to see if City were as good as they said they are.
Really don't want to listen to those pundits saying how grim we are...
Grim will be Man Utd on MOD.

Almost certain we’ll be beaten at Spurs next Saturday, then puts huge pressure on Bruno going into the Newcastle and Bournemouth games. If we’re still winless by the end of the month he will be in huge trouble already.
It’s a scenario I can easily see occurring though as we don’t look capable of beating anyone.
Bruno is the natural fall guy, not all his fault but is probably more than out his depth at this level combined with a board that simply have neglected first team matters.

We'll beat Spurs, for no other reason than it being peak Wolves.

Sorry but LOL. He pulled a decent save out for the penalty (for once) but had another incident when he came out for a cross and completely misjudged it. Not to mention the shambles he pulled last week. Trustworthy is not a word I'd use.

Both fullbacks were poor again, which is a big problem. For whatever reason Jonny doesn't look comfortable in this system, which is odd when he's played FB before many times. RAN had another bad mistake which he got away with, but conversely he also created our best (only?) chance which should've been put away.

Not sure how much of a part the heat played but everything was very slow, very little switching of play, the front 4 just making it up as they go along to my uneducated eye. Podence was dreadful, MGW worked hard but every other thing he tried didn't work, and Neto drifted out of the game after starting bright.

The only notable contribution I can remember from Guedes is miscontrolling the ball out for a throwin but diving before it went out to win a FK. So he'll fit right in.

You could have Lewandowski out there and we wouldn't score, we are not creating anything.
Ok i have different opinion about Sa but overall we agree. We need better players in defence in the midfield and for a striker . Jimenez is very good but we dont have backup

2 games in and so far Wolves haven't generated enough enthusiasm in me to watch the 'high lights' if there are any.
It's coming to something when I watched MOD to see if City were as good as they said they are.
Really don't want to listen to those pundits saying how grim we are...
Grim will be Man Utd today on
There just aren't enough goals in the team. We knocked it about OK to a point at times but we had what, three proper chances? And Fulham gave us one of them.

The centre halves look good, MGW was our best player first half but faded, Neves was Neves...but you can't see us winning many by more than a goal as it stands, and relying on those kind of fine margins is very dangerous.

For the second week in a row we've failed to beat poor opposition and I can't complain that we didn't win, but at the minute I can't pin too much on the manager. He has what he has and it's not enough. But no one survives the kind of record he has (P16 W3 D3 L10) for long, and we'll probably lose next week too.
I agree with you but it remains a fact that Liverpool did no better than us against Fulham - although an away game.

Grim will be Man Utd today on

I agree with you but it remains a fact that Liverpool did no better than us against Fulham - although an away game.
Been waiting for that one. Fulham were good against Liverpool. They were shite against us. Liverpool would have battered them 3 or 4 nil today.

General braindump

Kilman was majestic, Collins not on the same level but still good

A couple of Neves' touches in the first half were sublime, don't need the ego that came with that free kick or him catching the diving disease. The ref generally saw us for what we are. Just fucking stop it

3 very good chances. Hwang has to hit across the keeper not just belt it at him, Neto tried to take a touch rather than tapping into an open goal - Podence then can't even get it on target with the keeper nowhere. Gibbs White's is the hardest of the 3, but should still score

Guedes, tried but no composure

Adama a pointless substitution, whether he's not fit or cba I don't know, but burst out of a walk once after he gave the ball away

MGW is a 10, it's so obvious. Loved his effort today, particularly in tracking back - put him down the middle where his trickery may create something and his lack of pace will be less of a hindrance

Makes no difference to the result, but Mitrovic was 2 yellows, one for the foul the other for the handbags

I'm no Lage fan, but still just about gets a pass today as we were the better team in the first half and in blistering heat didn’t have many options to change it when we looked out of ideas.

If we are going to play a high line against another team with a high line then we have to hit the quick pass down the sides or over the top, did it in the first 10 mins then stopped

If Podence put as much effort into the game as he did wanking Palhinha off at full time then he'd maybe be a player. As it is I can't stand the diving, moaning, whinging, over playing, little prick.

Neto has had 2 poor games in a row. Liverpool looked like it had clicked again, now I'm not sure

Full backs are a worry, RAN moreso - brainless challenge

A game that summed up perfectly our problems of the last 18 months/2 years, good that it was in front of the watching Guo and Mendes. Defensively sound, Sa steadier today though admittedly with little to do but great to see him finally save a penalty. We were good in our offensive play at times but toothless in terms of finishing.

RAN had another poor game and gave away the penalty. Collins looked ok but when playing out from the back is a bit too hesitant and needs to release the ball quicker. Thought MGW had a good game, liked his tracking back first half to reclaim the ball, something he was guilty of not doing against Leeds.

Great too see Neves gracing Molineux once more, something that felt unlikely back in May. Guedes on for Hwang - reckon we'd have got away with bringing GG on and leaving 12 on, nobody would have noticed.

Odd seeing Traore in a Wolves shirt again too but think he only touched the ball once or twice.

1 point from an opening double of Leeds and Fulham is pretty disappointing but lets hope it pushes Fosun's arm that bit more to bring in re-enforcements, I'm sure something is happening in the background

I don’t understand how the owners think . Last season we had a huge problem in every part of the field and now they are like “ok we didn’t relegated so we dont need changes” . They are one of the richest owners and they don’t bring any player. And i dont say to bring a massive player but a better center back , a right back , someone in midfield to organise and give assist, a new striker

Lage has to take some responsibility for Podence regularly ending up as our de facto #9, surely.

Back