• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Leicester: Verdict Thread

Oh, one moan, we may well be the worst team in the world on throw ins. Takes an age for anyone to move, then it's normally only one option who gets easily marked, two touches and we either knock it out of play or concede possession. Baffling how a team of players who are basically all comfortable at Premier League level get such a basic thing so wrong so often!
Dead right about the throw ins. When the ball goes out why doesn't the nearest player take it quickly so we can keep possession.

D9xAk-qXkAAXmHE.jpg

That's probably how far you're going back!

Halford was awful at them, terrible loopy rubbish. And yet it was still the best aspect of his overall game.

What a fucking great picture

Big John is the best penalty taker I've ever seen in a gold shirt too, even better than Raul and Thommo.
Great leader too, loved him, he was out front of the stadium a couple of years ago, making a big fuss of the fans..........hairs gone now unfortunately.

Always thought De Wolf was style over substance, seasons turn quicker
We never paired him with any pace pre-injury. Whether good (Veno, Shirtliff), bad (Blades) or indifferent (Law), none of them could run either. I mean that was the principal issue with playing Berra and Craddock together, decent defenders, worked ok as a pair but we could never play any kind of high line because they would get beaten every single time. Also neither were great on the ball. Hence Mick constantly trying to use quicker/more technical centre halves than that, Mancienne, Stearman, Zubar and allegedly Mouyokolo for instance, shame they were all bloody rubbish and we had to go back to Plan A.

By the time Richards arrived, de Wolf was already broken. Those two together would have had everything, at that level anyway. Who knows, we might even have been able to play some football from the back. Imagine.

Apologies for going off on a tangent!

Last edited:
We never paired him with any pace. Whether good (Veno, Shirtliff), bad (Blades, Young) or indifferent (Law), none of them could run either. I mean that was the principal issue with playing Berra and Craddock together, decent defenders, worked ok as a pair but we could never play any kind of high line because they would get beaten every single time. Hence Mick constantly trying to use quicker centre halves than that, Mancienne, Stearman and allegedly Mouyokolo for instance, shame they were all bloody rubbish and we had to go back to Plan A.

By the time Richards arrived, de Wolf was already broken. Those two together would have had everything, at that level anyway. Who knows, we might even have been able to play some football from the back. Imagine.

Apologies for going off on a tangent!
Good tangent though

I don't agree. Their GK is world class. Pretty much any other one wouldn't have saved that. He saves a lot just like he did then.
He is a lot like his dad in this respect probably the best in the world at saving those, he makes himself massive

Oh, one moan, we may well be the worst team in the world on throw ins. Takes an age for anyone to move, then it's normally only one option who gets easily marked, two touches and we either knock it out of play or concede possession. Baffling how a team of players who are basically all comfortable at Premier League level get such a basic thing so wrong so often!
You watch our players on a throw they just stand their, watch other teams everyone is moving

Think a big problem with our throwins is the time it takes for us to get set and take them, gives the opposition time to get organized..
and another thing, when did it become always necessary for the fullback to take them...seems a bit under 10's to me, unless one of you coaching types can explain why it is.

the time it takes for us to get set and take them, gives the opposition time to get organized..

This is something I'd love to see addressed in our play generally. We so rarely catch teams on the hop anymore, or maximise moments when we out-number them

Its so obvious we take too much time over throws I can only imagine its intentional.

Back