• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Leicester: Verdict Thread

I might do a blog on throws in over the international break 😂

Your first piece of editing would be calling them throw ins instead of throws in. Throws in makes me want to sick in my mouth.

Mad though because I'd say I've had seven cups of tea, but seven throw ins.

If someone at Anfield has made a career out of coaching it I'm sure you could manage a few hundred words talking about it :)

Maybe we are just waiting for FIFA to introduce Wengers plan that throw ins are replaced with kick ins. Then we can get started on short kick ins

Your first piece of editing would be calling them throw ins instead of throws in. Throws in makes me want to sick in my mouth.

Mad though because I'd say I've had seven cups of tea, but seven throw ins
The grammar police might be on my back but surely throws in is correct......even if it sounds wrong

That was just a typo on my part, it's always been throw ins to me.

It used to wind me up people saying 'throw on' though

Last edited:
The grammar police might be on my back but surely throws in is correct......even if it sounds wrong
Isn't 'throw' the subject and 'ins' the variable?

So Del's cups would be the variable and tea would be the subject?

As in you can't change the subject but you can change the number of the variable.

I'm probably completely wrong but I thought that was how it worked.

As in you can't change the subject but you can change the number of the variable.

god knows......tbf its been 46 years since my English language 'O' level

Maybe we are just waiting for FIFA to introduce Wengers plan that throw ins are replaced with kick ins. Then we can get started on short kick ins
On a similar note I remember Jimmy Hill campaigning for a 18 yard penalty kick for professional fouls committed outside the area. Traore would have got at least two of those yesterday! Perhaps not such a bad idea in these times

Isn't 'ins' the subject, as that's where they're all going.

'throws' is the variable as they're of an uncertain amount.

Guess we just need Deutsch to chuck on his cape, swoop in and put us right.

On a similar note I remember Jimmy Hill campaigning for a 18 yard penalty kick for professional fouls committed outside the area. Traore would have got at least two of those yesterday! Perhaps not such a bad idea in these times
For some time now I have discussed with friends about the problem of 'professional' fouls. Opposition players seem to queue up to foul Traore and take a Yellow 'for the team'.

To stop this I feel the introduction of an Orange Card should be considered. Same status as a Yellow but additionally a 10 or 15 minute ban.

Isn't 'ins' the subject, as that's where they're all going.

'throws' is the variable as they're of an uncertain amount.

Guess we just need Deutsch to chuck on his cape, swoop in and put us right.

Or just ask a ten year old

For some time now I have discussed with friends about the problem of 'professional' fouls. Opposition players seem to queue up to foul Traore and take a Yellow 'for the team'.

To stop this I feel the introduction of an Orange Card should be considered. Same status as a Yellow but additionally a 10 or 15 minute ban.
Let the team whose been fouled decide who picks up the yellow card, obviously they can't choose someone already on the yellow.

Would allow say, us, to "give" a yellow to the fullback Traore is facing.

All well and good as long as we don't object to getting pinged ourselves, Neves and Dendoncker are not averse to taking one for the team, and of course there is the trademark Moutinho hang a leg out move.

I remember when Keegan was manager of Newcastle and on throw ins, the nearest player took it and kept the momentum going.

Some interesting reading on The Athletic on the immediate impact that the returning Jonny had to our performance. Ayoze Perez (who he was up against) had no shots, no touches inside the opposition box, a pass accuracy of 66% (the worst of any outfield player) and had to switch sides.

Back