• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Sa without the brain farts is a top 3/4 keeper. He wouldn't be playing for us

Last edited:
He's absolutely nowhere near Ederson/Alisson/Mendy, come on now. Let's be real.

He's absolutely nowhere near Ederson/Alisson/Mendy, come on now. Let's be real.
Mendy has plenty of brain farts. Penalty yesterday and got away with a massive howler against MU. Given his workload is significantly lower than Sa’s he’s not doing too well.

Thought Sa was very good yesterday. I like him.
I do too. He's made two really good saves yesterday and his distribution was excellent.

He's very similar to Ederson and Alisson in that he always has a rick in him with a rush of blood to the head. Ramsdale, Schmeichel, Mendy, Pickford and De Gea have all dropped bollocks this season too. Mendy's yesterday was horrific.

I don't think he's any worse than any other keeper in the PL and better than quite a few.

If he carries on with a brain fart every game, allied to our inability to score goals, he could be a problem for us. It's OK making good saves and decent distribution but if you're serving a gilt edge chance to the opposition every game it more than cancels that out.

Not sure Deutsch why you are so keen to die on this Sa hill.
Not keen at all but he's nothing like what people are suggesting. We've played 15 games, conceded 13 and he's objectively at fault for at least 3, maybe 4 (in fact Lycan blames him for Everton's goal too but I wouldn't go that far). He doesn't make loads of saves, we don't concede many because Kilman, Coady and (to a lesser extent) Saiss have been excellent. He's had numerous games where he's had as good as nothing to do.

He's ok, but he's worth about what we paid. Which is way below what you'd expect a top half PL keeper to cost....so we don't really have a top half PL keeper. We have a bit of an oddball whose flaws we can mask as we have decent defenders and we fundamentally set up not to lose more than anything.

If he carries on with a brain fart every game, allied to our inability to score goals, he could be a problem for us. It's OK making good saves and decent distribution but if you're serving a gilt edge chance to the opposition every game it more than cancels that out.
He not, 1 goal conceded in 3 games.

Not keen at all but he's nothing like what people are suggesting. We've played 15 games, conceded 13 and he's objectively at fault for at least 3, maybe 4 (in fact Lycan blames him for Everton's goal too but I wouldn't go that far). He doesn't make loads of saves, we don't concede many because Kilman, Coady and (to a lesser extent) Saiss have been excellent. He's had numerous games where he's had as good as nothing to do.

He's ok, but he's worth about what we paid. Which is way below what you'd expect a top half PL keeper to cost....so we don't really have a top half PL keeper. We have a bit of an oddball whose flaws we can mask as we have decent defenders and we fundamentally set up not to lose more than anything.
I would argue with the 3/4 goals. I'd probably put it as 1 and 2 1/2's so call it 2. Appreciate there's been a couple of get out of jail moments like yesterday's, but surely you can see his anticipation on the edge of the box has saved numerous opportunities and we are the only PL side not to have conceded directly from a corner this season - he's played a significant part in that, along with ditching the zonal crap

I would argue with the 3/4 goals. I'd probably put it as 1 and 2 1/2's so call it 2. Appreciate there's been a couple of get out of jail moments like yesterday's, but surely you can see his anticipation on the edge of the box has saved numerous opportunities and we are the only PL side not to have conceded directly from a corner this season - he's played a significant part in that, along with ditching the zonal crap
How we defend corners so far has been really interesting and actually quite enjoyable. So rare teams leave two players up at corners nowadays!

Watching the goal back, it really isn't great from Sa. Never sets himself at all and it's a fairly routine situation, a cut back from the byline. His footwork is all over the place, gives himself no chance.

Of course Hoever is mostly at fault, he gave the ball away, he didn't cover his zone properly.

Back