• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Didn't deserve to lose it at the death.

All the defence brilliant. RAN MOTM. Hoever hang your head in shame.

Last edited:
Maybe didn’t deserve it.

But that’s sometimes what happens when you play 90 minutes just trying not to lose.

they had enough chances to win the game. We didn't make most of our promising positions. Another very encouraging defensive performance in the main. Ait-Nouri superb. Hoever's had a stinker for both the goal and not just releasing to Raul earlier before that (even if it may have seemed a foul)

I am also annoyed with Raul giving up on Hoever's pass so immediately, though in the 93rd minute that's like 80% KJ and 20% Raul.

Just so gutted. KJ I don't think will be very popular in the dressing room this week. Everyone else was outstanding.

It defence of Hoever, hadn't been on long and was the wrong side of one of the worlds greatest players, but I suppose it'll have to be his fault we lost

Though Coady should've done better against Origi.

It defence of Hoever, hadn't been on long and was the wrong side of one of the worlds greatest players, but I suppose it'll have to be his fault we lost
It's not going to be a fair reaction (is it ever?), but there's no denying that he was directly at fault for both incidents leading up to the goal.

Gut wrenching to lose it like that, defence played heroically for 94 minutes and RAN goes off for the last 2 minutes and Hoever can't even do the one job he's asked to do. Coady was awesome, that goalline stop from Jota might be the best defending he's ever done. I thought RAN was superb, barely gave Salah a sniff all game. Kilman, Saiss and Neves also superb. Harsh losing like that, especially to a goal from Origi who is a bag of shit.

Deserved a point. Not the first time we've said that after losing 1-0 this season. But this one would have been a point earned in a different way. Such a shame.

Ridiculous attempt at game management, completely at odds with the previous 94 minutes. I hope he gets pellets because it was casual and brainless and cost us a point that had been really hard fought.
Anyone from Fosun saying this squad doesn’t need new blood needs their lumps felt. It was a wonderful fighting effort but they are miles ahead of us all over the park. You just knew they would do that . I detest Klopp the buck toothed Teutonic tosser that he is .
A word for the star struck ref. Would you like your Liverpool shirt signed or unsigned?
I will calm down after some gin but I am spitting feathers atm.

Heroic defensively but in truth Liverpool bossed the game for all the second half, we just couldn't get a break together, passes out of defence just not quite on it, did well to get to 94 minutes without conceding.....still gutted though.
People being a bit harsh on Hoever? Only just on, not up to the pace of the game.
Always gunna be a tough ask to get anything when the opposition are better man for man in every position.

Brave effort against one of the best teams you'll see.
Bit like the Alamo at times but in terms of a measured and organised defensive performance we have come a long way.
Sa is better than De Gea and Maguire/Lindeloff wouldn't get in our team.
Gutted for Hoever, not easy coming in that late but the lad RAN bust his gut. Wing backs very good.
Neto and Podence fit and fighting and our final third would have improved.
MoM Coady.

When you play with your backs against the wall for so long it’s hard to justify we deserved anything it’s just gut wrenching that it came so late.
Defence were very good the change to Hoever cost us the match really basic stuff regardless of whether you’ve just come on the pitch.

My 6 pints has now turned into 10 and a bottle of wine.

Devastated

One of those games where you don't expect much but to put in a performance like that causes me to smile.
One of those days where we don't need a scapegoat.

Back