• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

The cold hard facts are that Liverpool, City and Chelsea are significantly better than every other team. The Sky 6 is now just a 3 in quality. Going to be very difficult for any other team to challenge them.

Didn't think we time wasted hardly at all, only when RAN sat down with injury (cramp?) and as he went off injured, I'm assuming he was actually struggling.

lad run his conkers off. If anything it was the worse position to manage at that time of the game. Salah and especially Trent were shit hot today.

We weren't that far off 2 years ago but Fosun changed the strategy.
I don't think it would be unreasonable to posit that they feel they need to solidify their position with the club financially further before making the sort of investment we will need.

They've always talked about a long term plan. The team's ahead-of-schedule success I think accelerated that plan in fan's minds but likely did not change the thinking from Fosun. I think there's still a small-ish chance that they're playing their cards cleverly.

Gutted but Liverpool are one hell of a side.
Ran was outstanding, and semedo coped with being overloaded so many times. Kilman and all the back three superb.
There were errors all over the pitch as well as from Liverpool, but the fight players showed was outstanding.
No comment on Hoever, the kid had just come on against Salah, and frankly jota should have done for us earlier.
Two gripes from me,
1) I was embarrassed by the arseholes booing Jota, he was a good servant to this club.
2) I have avoided the sell him don't sell him stuff with Adama, but after today he is off new years day. He is fantastic running with the ball, his awareness however is fucking awful, but my biggest gripe is his version of pressing.
Adama is a big unit but his idea of a press is to casually wander over in the direction of a Liverpool player, and watch him do his stuff. Neto back sell Adama, and use the cash for a player who knows how to try, but above all wants to.
Shit ending but we did get away with a few in what was a really spirited performance against a super team.

Devastated. RAN superb today I thought. Bunch of Home Counties Liverpool fans celebrating outside the box behind us making for an unpleasant end to what looked like being a good day.

Devastated. RAN superb today I thought. Bunch of Home Counties Liverpool fans celebrating outside the box behind us making for an unpleasant end to what looked like being a good day.
Were you in the BW lower? Similar bunch behind us too, pathetic really.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to posit that they feel they need to solidify their position with the club financially further before making the sort of investment we will need.

They've always talked about a long term plan. The team's ahead-of-schedule success I think accelerated that plan in fan's minds but likely did not change the thinking from Fosun. I think there's still a small-ish chance that they're playing their cards cleverly.

Good squad for where we are at in our development and in terms of top six ( Assuming that is the standard )

Neto, Jonny and Boly are more than useful players and Podence is coming on a treat.

Need to look towards a replacement for Mout this January but nothing suggests we cannot compete with all those teams out of the top three.

Fosun were never likely to spend on a level like clubs above us.

Good squad for where we are at in our development and in terms of top six ( Assuming that is the standard )

Neto, Jonny and Boly are more than useful players and Podence is coming on a treat.

Need to look towards a replacement for Mout this January but nothing suggests we cannot compete with all those teams out of the top three.

Fosun were never likely to spend on a level like clubs above us.
The optimist in me thinks we're close to the point where Fosun will be comfortable making another big push in recruitment. If things continue to go well this season, we may get that next flashy influx of players this summer.

Not holding my breath, but I think it's possible.

Pathetic by Hoever. More effort by those trying to defend him than he showed tracking back after failing to play the right pass and falling over.

We weren't that far off 2 years ago but Fosun changed the strategy.
They may have changed the strategy, however the fact that there are teams who can spend 100m each transfer window it takes absolutely spot on recruitment and a lot of luck to keep pace

Gutted by that. Thought we were going to get battered but we defended superbly, RAN dealt with Salah all afternoon and Sa impressed again, I like him.

We had a few stoppages due to our players going down. Don't know how many were tactical but came back to bite us with the 5 minutes of injury time.

We are very tight defensively but scoring is a real problem. I kept forgetting Hwang was playing until he went off.

Hope the players take the positives from today over the disappointment of conceding so late

Gutted but Liverpool are one hell of a side.
Ran was outstanding, and semedo coped with being overloaded so many times. Kilman and all the back three superb.
There were errors all over the pitch as well as from Liverpool, but the fight players showed was outstanding.
No comment on Hoever, the kid had just come on against Salah, and frankly jota should have done for us earlier.
Two gripes from me,
1) I was embarrassed by the arseholes booing Jota, he was a good servant to this club.
2) I have avoided the sell him don't sell him stuff with Adama, but after today he is off new years day. He is fantastic running with the ball, his awareness however is fucking awful, but my biggest gripe is his version of pressing.
Adama is a big unit but his idea of a press is to casually wander over in the direction of a Liverpool player, and watch him do his stuff. Neto back sell Adama, and use the cash for a player who knows how to try, but above all wants to.
Shit ending but we did get away with a few in what was a really spirited performance against a super team.

Seems a strange game to throw that at Adama. I thought he won countless fouls and played pretty well today, ironically

This game aside we’re not good enough in a attacking sense. 1 goal in 5, 12 goals from 15 games this season.
Regardless of recruitment that’s a real cause for concern going forward .
Bruno could in theory go into the Watford game off the back of 4 straight defeats and no win in 6.

Just saw a tweet that said this -
All of Ait Nouri’s work completely destroyed in 30 seconds by the bloke who replaced him.

And I couldn’t have described it better myself.

Bruno has confirmed RAN has an injury, so looks like we’ll be back with Marcal against City.

Gutted by that. Thought we were going to get battered but we defended superbly, RAN dealt with Salah all afternoon and Sa impressed again, I like him.

We had a few stoppages due to our players going down. Don't know how many were tactical but came back to bite us with the 5 minutes of injury time.

We are very tight defensively but scoring is a real problem. I kept forgetting Hwang was playing until he went off.

Hope the players take the positives from today over the disappointment of conceding so late
On Hwang, is it just me that thinks his control and touch can be absolutely terrible. Sometimes he traps it further than some people could kick it. After a promising start I'm beginning to think he's a bit rubbish.

Back