• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Not a massive fan of these time wasting tactics we seem to have started doing so obviously. I get we need to improve the ‘dark arts’ and be a bit cleverer, but if we’re not pissing around so much in the second half, the games over and we’re back in the dressing room by the time Origi scores.

People won’t like it, of course, and I know lots of teams do it, but I still think we’re miles away from being a clever side when it comes to game management and dark arts.

Abysmal from Hoever. He was only on the pitch for 60 seconds!

Can’t begrudge Liverpool the win. They were miles better than us and created more than enough to have put us to bed well before they did. Always gutting to concede so late, regardless of who it’s against. December doesn’t get any easier.

I wonder why when they brought Hoever on they never swapped sides with Semedo like they normally do?

Gutted, absolutely gutted by this, ok Liverpool were the better side, but a draw against them would have felt like a win.

Don't blame Hoever as he shouldn't have been on the pitch. He's young and inexperienced. This is on Jeff.

I don't think you can use "young and inexperienced" in this case. He's been asked to mark Mo fucking Salah! I'm sure he was keenly aware of what he was up against.

Unfortunately that’s gonna be the story if we continually set up like that against the top sides.

Let’s be honest, they controlled it - beginning to end - the only shock was that the goal didn’t come sooner.

They are an outstanding side.

Nuno’s side was always set on the counter in games like today - I don’t even think we had much of that today.

Our defence was magnificent.

I don't think you can use "young and inexperienced" in this case. He's been asked to mark Mo fucking Salah! I'm sure he was keenly aware of what he was up against.
He's not good enough but I'm trying to be nice.

At the end of the day, this is about as close to a "free space" as you get in the Prem, and all but one of our players acquitted themselves very, very well over the course of the 90.

We have a lot of guys on the team that we should be very proud of and celebrate today. There's no shame in losing to a superior opponent in the way we just did.

Put it this way if we’d have played a side that parked the bus and we scored late on we’d say it was fully justified victory.
It was a brave defensive effort but nothing more, fact is simple we’re a country mile behind the top 3 and it showed today.
I thought we’d get beaten easily beforehand but only losing 1-0 doesn’t stop me feeling gutted. Much rather they score after 5 minutes.

Put it this way if we’d have played a side that parked the bus and we scored late on we’d say it was fully justified victory.
It was a brave defensive effort but nothing more, fact is simple we’re a country mile behind the top 3 and it showed today.
I thought we’d get beaten easily beforehand but only losing 1-0 doesn’t stop me feeling gutted. Much rather they score after 5 minutes.
And end the feeling that we have a chance? Why would you want that?

Not a massive fan of these time wasting tactics we seem to have started doing so obviously. I get we need to improve the ‘dark arts’ and be a bit cleverer, but if we’re not pissing around so much in the second half, the games over and we’re back in the dressing room by the time Origi scores.

People won’t like it, of course, and I know lots of teams do it, but I still think we’re miles away from being a clever side when it comes to game management and dark arts.

Abysmal from Hoever. He was only on the pitch for 60 seconds!

Can’t begrudge Liverpool the win. They were miles better than us and created more than enough to have put us to bed well before they did. Always gutting to concede so late, regardless of who it’s against. December doesn’t get any easier.
Didn't think we time wasted hardly at all, only when RAN sat down with injury (cramp?) and as he went off injured, I'm assuming he was actually struggling.

Yup. We never used to do it enough now its swung way too far the other way.

Heroic shift from RAN, kept arguably the most dangerous player on the planet quiet, TAA behind him as well.

Its probably games like this that convinced Fosun they're on to a loser if they want us to get into the top 4 because it would take enormous investment for us to get to that level. You can fight and scrap and give yourself a puncher's chance, and we normally do, but the attacking play was just night and day.

part of the Diogo Jota deal, Klopp knew what he was doing :)

Yup. We never used to do it enough now its swung way too far the other way.

Heroic shift from RAN, kept arguably the most dangerous player on the planet quiet, TAA behind him as well.

Its probably games like this that convinced Fosun they're on to a loser if they want us to get into the top 4 because it would take enormous investment for us to get to that level. You can fight and scrap and give yourself a puncher's chance, and we normally do, but the attacking play was just night and day.
We weren't that far off 2 years ago but Fosun changed the strategy.

Back