• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Crystal Palace: Verdict Thread

Totally this! You bollock him in private and leave him out. Don't pick him then bitch when he goes off injured when you knew he wasn't right to play in the first place.
I felt at the time that Hoever gave it the full Matt Target v Adama, he simply knew he was up against it with Zaha, feigned injury and went off.

This would explain why Lage is so angry, but he can't literally say "Hoever is a coward", in the same way he can't about Trincao.

Lage blaming everyone apart from the guy who picks the team, sets the tactics, prepares and motivates the players. Proper cunts trick, he’ll be gone soon hopefully.

Second time in less than a week I've seen the team sheet and gone straight to Bet365.
I’d make a fortune on betinplay if I could get any signal inside the ground. Come on Jeff sort the wifi out.

Did he call out the players publicly at Benfica? Can't remember whether he did or it was just rumours/talk that he had lost part of the dressing room

Poor poor poor. I have no idea what kind of plan we are working to going forward. All of our forward players have been asked to carry the can this season, but it’s Lage and shouty man that I think need improving. The more players he has to work with the worse it looks. Post match comments are not on.

I felt at the time that Hoever gave it the full Matt Target v Adama, he simply knew he was up against it with Zaha, feigned injury and went off.

This would explain why Lage is so angry, but he can't literally say "Hoever is a coward", in the same way he can't about Trincao.
We didn't lose today because Hoever was on the pitch or off it. That's what annoys me, it creates a headline and doing so conveniently moves attention away from the way he set his side up and the way they played

I think if that's the case then he'd potentially be in the right to throw him under the bus. I didn't see the exact moment Hoever went down, he had however just won us a corner so seems unlikely he's do it at that point.

I think if that's the case then he'd potentially be in the right to throw him under the bus. I didn't see the exact moment Hoever went down, he had however just won us a corner so seems unlikely he's do it at that point.
He seemed gutted to be going off, was really upset. Now it could be all part of the act I suppose, but if so he's good at it

I did say to Johnny I didn’t think it was a hamstring for Hoever as he didn’t pull up or anything, just took up his position for the corner then sat in the floor. Could be wrong but that’s what it looked like to me.

Comms here indicated that it was an issue with the same thing he'd recently hurt. Not sure how they came to that conclusion, though.

I did say to Johnny I didn’t think it was a hamstring for Hoever as he didn’t pull up or anything, just took up his position for the corner then sat in the floor. Could be wrong but that’s what it looked like to me.
They did start treating it like cramp, which did look strange 22 mins in

Looked like he’d aggravated an existing injury to me. He was gutted coming off.

What I don't understand is how we go from looking so imperious defensively a few games ago to where we are now

Absolute wank.

When I saw the line up I thought he might have given Hwang a run down the middle because fuck me sideways he doesn't offer anything out wide that makes you think lets do that again.

The horseshoe of doom was back with a vengeance. There might be a reason for it but we're always playing to feet we never, ever try passing into space. Leicester did it fantastically for their equaliser. There's no imagination, or anticipation for this kind of play so it renders us one dimensional so if (and that was a fucking big if today) we can keep the ball we'll work the ball to the opposite side and fail there too.

The defending was so bad, the passage of play leading up to the penalty was kids Sunday league stuff. It was painful. Willing to cut Max some slack if he's worried about family etc but that needs Lage to do the right thing and withdraw him.

I'm fucked if I know what Raul was doing when he came on, twice out wide swinging balls in, to who? 5'5 Daniel Podence? Another time he won the ball out wide and laid if off, great, now get yourself back into the box, or show for it centrally ala West Ham but was static.

I have a horrible feeling the rest of the season is going to be the stuff of late era Jackett. New job means I'm missing Watford, Leeds and Villa and I couldn't give a shit tbh.

They were definitely testing his hamstring. But watching it live from my seat I thought he was doing a Matt Targett, but no idea if that’s true. Couldn’t work out when he was coming off if it was upset or embarrassment, but he was definitely told to delay to allow Jonny to get ready.

What I don't understand is how we go from looking so imperious defensively a few games ago to where we are now
We got worked out a few weeks ago. You hit us on the transition and get a pacey forward against one of our wider centre halves whilst the wing back is higher up the pitch.

Not a fan of manager's calling players out in public, but some decent managers do it (Tuchel). Bruno was castigated for being political/delusional with his post-match against West Ham, this was maybe a swing too far the other way. We'll see what reaction it provokes.

Not sure it was a calculated deflection, more an angry, emotional, slightly misjudged outburst

They were definitely testing his hamstring. But watching it live from my seat I thought he was doing a Matt Targett, but no idea if that’s true. Couldn’t work out when he was coming off if it was upset or embarrassment, but he was definitely told to delay to allow Jonny to get ready.
Looked like he was in tears coming off, odd thing to fake.

Back