• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Crystal Palace: Verdict Thread

Didn't see (couldn't be bothered to watch after the West Ham game) but having seen the last game Id be pleased to if I never saw Hoever, Trincao and Dendoncker in a Wolves shirt ever again. That is all.

Wow. I don’t think we’ll be seeing Hoever any time soon…

We shouldn't see him anyway. He's nowhere near good enough for the championship, never mind the top half of the premier league.

Full quote via E&S Liam

“Ki is a good example of a young kid who wants everything to happen (quickly),” Lage added.

“When you are out or your team-mate is playing, you are not training with intensity or preparing yourselves. Then, when you have the chance, these kind of things happen.

“I have too many kids in my team and sometimes they don’t work the way they should work. They are not prepared the way they should and after these kind of things happen.

“When they are in training they are thinking ‘I’m not playing, how am I not playing’. I said to them on the first day I started work with them, that they need to work. The first target is work and improve and after they have the chances.

“These things happen (the injury) because they go to the limit and are not prepared.
“Injuries can happen but this one happened because he is not prepared. Sometimes Ki doesn’t work with the same intensity.

“This warning is not just for Ki, but for the kids we have in our team. They need to understand that I don’t waste time with guys who don’t work hard every day to improve.

We have players aged 35 who don’t play, like Joao, and in training they are trying to win every ball.

“I will not tolerate any more of the kids, or players, training and thinking too much about whether they are playing or not.”

That was crap beyond belief, even for us! How on earth Hwang stayed on the park when he was shit all game, exemplified by unwillingness to shoot first time when put through second half. Poor performances all over the pitch. Only bright light, Chiquinho. But Bruno will no doubt drop him next game and play Dendonker! Shit, shit and more shit.
Impressive you managed to get a dendoncker dig in when he wasn’t relevant today. Good effort

Lage has done OK on the whole this season but last few weeks have been strange, keeps doing the same things that don't work, that's never going to end well.
2 weeks running his after match comments have been nonsense, garbled rubbish.
His hands were tied at WB but he has to mitigate that with the rest of his selection.
Hoever has been terrible the last 2 weeks but its unforgivable imo to publicly lambast a player, especially a young player....all very Mourinho.
Bruno needs to sort this out quickly, losing is bad enough but I can live with it if everyone has done as much as possible. The last 2 weeks teamsheets look like we're waving the white flag for the season already.

i wanna watch back the first three games when we created so much and played well and analyse what is the difference now

Looked like he was in tears coming off, odd thing to fake.
Didn’t say he was faking it. I said as he went down I thought (at the time) he was doing a Matt Targett but no idea if true…

I’ve then said I didn’t know if it was upset or embarrassed, no mention he was faking it.

maybe we dont have so much competition for the starting spots so players take it more or less for granted..in the first games im sure they wanted to show the new manager they earned a starting spot

If this thread is representative of the fan base then job done for Lage, everybody is talking about Hoever and not the fucking shambles he's just presided over.

Focusing on positives, some more minutes for Jonny and Neto, Chiquinho was forward-looking and aggressive when he came on, bit of a cult hero in the making? Raul was a little better than in recent months too
Agree with this. I've liked Chick each time I've seen him so far. Has desire and not afraid to get stuck in and looks like he may create openings.

Shambolic today, particularly in the first half which was amateur. Our players were too casual with sloppy passes to Palace players and struggling to keep the ball in play. Improved a little second half though not much, never really looked like scoring.

Palace played well, so much faster and more eager than us, Zaha was carving us open at will.

We seem to have lost our defensive stability whilst not improving our attacking play.

Lage really has gone in on Hoever there but he was shite, losing the ball then showing little desire to track back and recover

If this thread is representative of the fan base then job done for Lage, everybody is talking about Hoever and not the fucking shambles he's just presided over.
Don't think they are, they are talking about how he's using Hoever to try and disguise the fucking shambles

Its a tactic (if it is a tactic) with a very limited shelf life though.

He inherited Hoever, he's fucking rubbish. Liverpool turned us over for Jota. Got him at a bargain price and got rid of a waste of space at the same time.

Been saying it for ages, and today is no different. No idea how we plan to score a goal. Several chances for a player to attack the 6 yard box and get a tap in, instead they are all hanging back and we smash it into someone’s shins, pass it to the CB on the penalty spot or refuse to put a ball in completely.

It’s on Lage today, no one else. He keeps picking these odd teams who don’t seem to know how or where they are supposed to be playing. Chucking a kid under the bus to disguise that is pathetic.

6 home defeats 4 by one goal , two 2 0 . 13 blanks this season . This squad needs rebuilding and has done for a while . Back him or sack him Fosun . We were awful today . Simply awful

Horseshit. Jota wasn't playing for Wolves at the time, blame Nuno for that. Hoever was a separate deal...a shit one, but seperate
It may have been separate for accounting or FFP purposes, but they're linked. If we don't sell jota to Liverpool, then we don't buy Hoever. We managed two fuck ups in one transfer, which is pretty special

There was nothing wrong with the team he picked today. Raul needed resting and the WBs were forced upon him.

The issue is the tactics and not changing them after the last 3 games of looking shaky at the back and timid up front.

Back