• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-3 Brighton: Verdict Thread

Nope, hence why I asked last night. Assumed I missed something hence the question last night..
OK, I'll take you at face value.
Punts gave his information from a contact who is well connected to someone at the club and let's presume it's accurate. That's posted on a public forum and you ask the source, he replies for instance Scott Sellars, where do you think that ends for him and his relationship with his friend and him with Sellars?

OK, I'll take you at face value.
Punts gave his information from a contact who is well connected to someone at the club and let's presume it's accurate. That's posted on a public forum and you ask the source, he replies for instance Scott Sellars, where do you think that ends for him and his relationship with his friend and him with Sellars?
Fair point. I did think it was that.

Remember, I’m relatively new to the forum, and don’t know you all personally/had huge amounts of dealings with people on here apart from last couple of months. A ‘source’ could be any a friend, of a friend, of a friend for example. But I take your point and appreciate the explanation

I'm intrigued now, what did @PuntsWolf say?
Can’t actually remember now - probably we were going to be shit and lose 0-3 with the players looking to give minimal effort. Il be taking his source at face value going forward for sure

Fair point. I did think it was that.

Remember, I’m relatively new to the forum, and don’t know you all personally/had huge amounts of dealings with people on here apart from last couple of months. A ‘source’ could be any a friend, of a friend, of a friend for example. But I take your point and appreciate the explanation
Must be difficult coming from the Mix and adapting to civility.

It’s still on here @AndyWolves but cba to type again. Just type my name and Podence in transfer window thread.

As for your answer @Carsy. I know who the source is and know why he would have info. But I’m not in that circle anymore so had the information passed on by someone who still is. As I said they are “reliable”, But we will see

It’s still on here @AndyWolves but cba to type again. Just type my name and Podence in transfer window thread.

As for your answer @Carsy. I know who the source is and know why he would have info. But I’m not in that circle anymore so had the information passed on by someone who still is. As I said they are “reliable”, But we will see
You've reminded me now anyway, thank you

You say come through but he's 46, he's not young. He's a bang average, dirt cheap coach handed his dream ticket out of nowhere.

I don't think a single other Premier League club, including the one that's been relegated today and the one that doesn't even have a permanent manager would take him over what they have in place.
I don't think there are many people that think he's up to the task.

Nothing to do with his CV which is more impressive than many managers.

I get the mindset of 'we won't appoint anyone any good anyway', that's fair. I don't care though, I just can't stand Lage any more. We've now moved beyond results papering over cracks and so you're left with nothing. He really is awful.

Must be difficult coming from the Mix and adapting to civility.
Never been on the mix actually. I took a wild stab when you said MM you were on about the mix rather than Mick McCarthy in all honesty

My issue was always the process rather than the person. We sack him at the end of the season and the process will be the same. Mendes has stopped being useful and is an active hindrance
Given Mendes in conjunction with Shi has failed to bring in an improvement in midfield and centre half for nearly four years I share your concerns.

Never been on the mix actually. I took a wild stab when you said MM you were on about the mix rather than Mick McCarthy in all honesty
You have a posting style that really would suit there.

They like to ask for sources and proof and love an ITK.

My issue was always the process rather than the person. We sack him at the end of the season and the process will be the same. Mendes has stopped being useful and is an active hindrance
Given Mendes in conjunction with Shi has failed to bring in an improvement in midfield and centre half for nearly four years I share your concerns.
The mendes connection was extremely useful as a ‘kickstart’. Getting players in we had no right of getting and instantly getting us up/safe in prem.

The issue I guess is pushing on from there. I don’t know his full list of clients, but he isn’t going to do us a favour by giving us some of his higher end clients on a cheaper deal or convince them to come here because he mates with Jeff.

Remember one of my mates saying couple of years back we would end up with ronaldo in a few years simply because he is a mendes client …

I'd honestly give Moutinho the job, he is going that way you'd reckon and it's the rare type of case where you might appoint someone without experience. Or sack Bruno now and give Joao temporary charge anyway for 4 games, can't be any worse than now.

Remember one of my mates saying couple of years back we would end up with ronaldo in a few years simply because he is a mendes client …
source? 😉.

The truth is the Ronaldo's, Bennie Silva's, Dias's etc aren't coming to Wolves, so we are left with punts who may or may not work out like Trincao, Neto, Jordao, Fabio etc

I'd honestly give Moutinho the job, he is going that way you'd reckon and it's the rare type of case where you might appoint someone without experience. Or sack Bruno now and give Joao temporary charge anyway for 4 games, can't be any worse than now.
Fair shout, I don’t usually like giving it old pros for the sake of it but it can’t be any worse.

Back