• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-3 Brighton: Verdict Thread

With the way performances have been lately, they should all be tearing strips off each other day in, day out. I suspect it's only because a good chunk don't give a fuck, and the manager is too scared of the players getting him the sack, that there's not more of it

Lage aside there's a lot of players who I think know they aren't going to be here next season and are playing like it - Saiss, Boly, Moutinho, Raul. Sad given their time with us, but it's either that or they've just lost faith in the manager and the Europa Conference isn't that appealing to them?

If Hwang or Trincao had lost the ball the way Raul did and walked back for the second the forum would have exploded. Time for him to move on. For the reasons I've been saying for a couple of weeks next season has relegation written all over it if we go into it with broadly the same group of players and manager.

All that said it wasn't a complete waste of time. Seeing Cucurella's hair in the flesh was worth being there for. It truly is a thing of beauty

If you will employ someone with a CV that wouldn't fill a page then I'm not surprised if international footballers don't respect him and his appalling tactics, especially as you know he'll just throw you under the bus if we lose.

We swapped Nuno for him. Fucking hell. Like divorcing Emma Bunton and marrying Katie Hopkins.

With the way performances have been lately, they should all be tearing strips off each other day in, day out. I suspect it's only because a good chunk don't give a fuck, and the manager is too scared of the players getting him the sack, that there's not more of it
I don't think you could ever level 'not caring' at Jonny and Raul.

I would be inclined to think that Lage is trying to get them to do something in training which isn't working and instead of changing and getting different results they're all getting frustrated with one another.

If you will employ someone with a CV that wouldn't fill a page then I'm not surprised if international footballers don't respect him and his appalling tactics, especially as you know he'll just throw you under the bus if we lose.

We swapped Nuno for him. Fucking hell. Like divorcing Emma Bunton and marrying Katie Hopkins.
His CV isn't an issue. The deterioration certainly is and that he can't change it shows.

Plenty of managers come through with limited CV's and do very well.

Plenty of managers with long CV's are fucking gash and still keep getting jobs.

I agree on your Nuno point but I think his time was up anyway.

We start so slowly and that has to come from Lage. It’s one thing being cautious at Anfield but in our last three games we’ve handed the initiative to the opposition and never got it back.
Slow starters under previous manager too.

You say come through but he's 46, he's not young. He's a bang average, dirt cheap coach handed his dream ticket out of nowhere.

I don't think a single other Premier League club, including the one that's been relegated today and the one that doesn't even have a permanent manager would take him over what they have in place.

Lage aside there's a lot of players who I think know they aren't going to be here next season and are playing like it - Saiss, Boly, Moutinho, Raul. Sad given their time with us, but it's either that or they've just lost faith in the manager and the Europa Conference isn't that appealing to them?
Think there's definitely some truth to this. Much as you would like to think as professionals they would be able to perform in spite of it it definitely seems some heads have gone.

That's true in the PL, but we were fast finishers at least in the first couple of seasons. Thats 16 games we've conceded first in now - lost 15 and the other as enjoyable as it was, was a freak

Agreed but there was much more solidity. Recently we just seem to sit deep and have no idea how to get up the pitch and the ball keeps coming back.

If Hwang or Trincao had lost the ball the way Raul did and walked back for the second the forum would have exploded. Time for him to move on. For the reasons I've been saying for a couple of weeks next season has relegation written all over it if we go into it with broadly the same group of players and manager.

All that said it wasn't a complete waste of time. Seeing Cucurella's hair in the flesh was worth being there for. It truly is a thing of beauty
The thing is, still a decent shot of europa rather than the conference, wasn’t there? That’s what I don’t get

Lage is bad but that's below the belt!

Back