• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - Barnsley 4 verdict thread

That's a joke, right?

Well i don't seem to have written my usual ha ha ha , and i did say sadly.

I want this team to storm the league, but the recent run of results while finding some understanding won't please all the wolves supporters and maybe not the new owners either.

For me, a reasonably settled team selection is more important right now, say 7 or 8 regular starters, as is actually playing from the kick off.

I know its a bitter pill to swallow, but as has already been said, New manager, new players, but Mr Zenga needs to take some of the blame tonight, to many changes, feel sorry for the Viking NO support at all from his team mates. and hoofing the ball up to him all the time from Ikeme aint they way to play.

No way are we going up this season, we just need to build, and get some british quality defenders.

Well i don't seem to have written my usual ha ha ha , and i did say sadly.

I want this team to storm the league, but the recent run of results while finding some understanding won't please all the wolves supporters and maybe not the new owners either.

For me, a reasonably settled team selection is more important right now, say 7 or 8 regular starters, as is actually playing from the kick off.

it is important especially to play together a defensive four...so hope youre correct Pav in the defensive areas..and they are good enough

They were all bad, but stand out awful awards to Price, Mason and Oniangue. Wallace's end product was awful and should have scored at least once, disappointed he hasn't lived up to expectation so far. We played better second half and then Tex came on and made us infinitely worse. I hope Doherty was injured as he was a shambles second half.

Their keeper didn't have a save to make. Horrendous

Looks like Doherty has finally reverted to type. Backing off, backing off, backing off for that third goal. Nearly as bad for the fourth too.

Looks like Doherty has finally reverted to type. Backing off, backing off, backing off for that third goal. Nearly as bad for the fourth too.

steven ward mk II then

Going to need to give myself a while to react reasonably to that as I am livid at how we caved in.

Four atrocious goals to fit an atrocious overall performance.

We weren't very good on Saturday but I sure as hell didn't see this coming.

Zenga has cancelled the players' day off tomorrow and is apparently livid at the players for giving up.

I just hope this is a one off and we can get back on track with a performance on Saturday because I think the fans will turn quickly if we see a repeat of tonight.

TBH I don't blame them for booing as it sounded like it was totally unacceptable and we gave up.

A big few days for Walter and his staff. Let's hope this IS a one off.

I know that American football isn't everyone's cup of tea over there, but let me give you an analogy.

In 2007, the University of Alabama hired Nick Saban as its head coach, despite the fact that he had just flopped very hard in the NFL with the Miami Dolphins. In his first season, Saban was not very successful, going 7-6 and losing to Louisiana Monroe (essentially the equivalent of Wycombe beating Arsenal). Many fans wanted Saban gone after that loss, which was also a home game (and Homecoming [basically an annual event in which tons of alumni come back to the school to reminisce and also watch an easy victory for the football team], to boot).

Saban was not fired, and Alabama has lost only 11 games in 9 years since. They have won 4 national titles since and Saban now has an overall 85% win rate.

On the day of the Louisiana Monroe loss, Saban said that sometimes great things are built from great tragedy.

This loss can be the moment from which great things are built with this team. That is, IF (and it is a big if) Zenga and the players have the mettle for it.

Time will tell.

Defense isn't just about the back four though,is it?

I've only seen highlights but the last 10 minutes there seemed to be no decent challenge to stop them running at our back four and having 'shots-in'.

I know that American football isn't everyone's cup of tea over there, but let me give you an analogy.

In 2007, the University of Alabama hired Nick Saban as its head coach, despite the fact that he had just flopped very hard in the NFL with the Miami Dolphins. In his first season, Saban was not very successful, going 7-6 and losing to Louisiana Monroe (essentially the equivalent of Wycombe beating Arsenal). Many fans wanted Saban gone after that loss, which was also a home game (and Homecoming [basically an annual event in which tons of alumni come back to the school to reminisce and also watch an easy victory for the football team], to boot).

Saban was not fired, and Alabama has lost only 11 games in 9 years since. They have won 4 national titles since and Saban now has an overall 85% win rate.

On the day of the Louisiana Monroe loss, Saban said that sometimes great things are built from great tragedy.

This loss can be the moment from which great things are built with this team. That is, IF (and it is a big if) Zenga and the players have the mettle for it.

Time will tell.

Thats a good story Alan, keep the faith..(gonna listen to bon jovi now because i REALLY need it)..not having that good faith like you Alan though

Thats a good story Alan, keep the faith..(gonna listen to bon jovi now because i REALLY need it)..not having that good faith like you Alan though

I'm trying, at least at the moment.

And apologies for my attitude earlier, I s'pose that's how my anger at the loss manifests.

Defense isn't just about the back four though,is it?

I've only seen highlights but the last 10 minutes there seemed to be no decent challenge to stop them running at our back four and having 'shots-in'.

of course not, the whole team defence..but they need to be able to clear cut chances to ease pressure on the team..

I don't think we'll know if he has "it" or not until we see how the team responds to such a loss.

let's hope we beat newcastle 0-3 then

Iorfa was probAbly our best attacking threat. Yet he takes him off to bring Ivan on and Moves Coady to right back, now that's just stupid.

Coady also then at RB managed to control the ball out of play which ended up leading to the second i think.

I don't think we'll know if he has "it" or not until we see how the team responds to such a loss.

I think this too, if we're pants in the next game with none of the issues addressed then I can only see one outcome.

Back