• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - Barnsley 4 verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Not good - we are a work in progress, but that was a big step backwards

No one really played well & no way can I give a MoTM on that unless its a Barnsley player

Whilst Walter may want to give his squad rotation - too much is allowing no understnding within the team. Needs to pick a spine and give them enough games to know what the others are going to do. When Costa came on no one seemed to know who was playing where

Bodvarsson probably did better than the rest but had nothing to work with

Damn. I was going to give this one a fancy title.

"Get those knees a-jerkin'."

thats worse than a work in progress TBF..horrible defence and i would like to upgrade the keeper now really

Transfer window's closed and Ikeme has still played well this season.

Back to the drawing board Walter. Not clinical enough up front and not strong enough defensively. Embarrassing result. Training should be fun after this

schwarzer available i guess

What the actual fuck happened there?

Shocking result albeit that Barnsley are clearly a more than decent side. Well done to them.

The bizarre thing about tonight is I am not surprised.

We knew we needed a new defence, a central defender other than Stearman at the very least. And a new keeper.

We still don't know who our best midfield are. We know our best striker, but alongside that we need to decide on a formation.

Rotation means one or two players a match changing. Not five or more.

It's only by defeats like this are the rockets going to be fired. Either that or Zenga will understand the meaning of "damb squib".

A result at Newcastle, twice, is now essential...

Just for some perspective...

We have played 7 games. We have lost 2. We have signed an almost entirely new XI that likely has language barriers between themselves and between the coach, and come from multiple different leagues. We have already seen flashes of class that are beyond anything we mustered last season.

Yes, this is a very bad loss. But making any major decisions at this point of the season would be unbelievably stupid, as would writing off any of our players at this point. The season is 46 games long FFS.

cant see us getting anything at newcastle, hope im wrong

It's difficult, he either picks a team largely made up of last seasons players who were clearly not good enough or the numerous signings from this season. It could take quite a while to find a balanced setup.

Just for some perspective...

We have played 7 games. We have lost 2. We have signed an almost entirely new XI that likely has language barriers between themselves and between the coach, and come from multiple different leagues. We have already seen flashes of class that are beyond anything we mustered last season.

Yes, this is a very bad loss. But making any major decisions at this point of the season would be unbelievably stupid, as would writing off any of our players at this point. The season is 46 games long FFS.

It´s too bad to be taking that lightly Alan

Alan i would usually agree but tonight was as bad as i've seen and that includes last year. They gave up at 2-0, which can't be forgiven.

It´s too bad to be taking that lightly Alan

We have 39 games left FFS! The team as it is now has only been together for two weeks at most!

If this sort of performance happens in December or becomes habitual, then it is time to worry. Doing so now is nothing short of histrionics.

Damn. I was going to give this one a fancy title.

"Get those knees a-jerkin'."

Said I wasn't coming on here, but addiction is always diffcult to beat

Not a night for a fancy title Alan - we can do that when we win or are unlucky.

This was just a bad night at the office

It's difficult, he either picks a team largely made up of last seasons players who were clearly not good enough or the numerous signings from this season. It could take quite a while to find a balanced setup.

Who also might not be good enough?

Said I wasn't coming on here, but addiction is always diffcult to beat

Not a night for a fancy title Alan - we can do that when we win or are unlucky.

This was just a bad night at the office

Just trying to bring some levity to go with my holier than thou "your pants are too wet" attitude.

We have 39 games left FFS! The team as it is now has only been together for two weeks at most!

If this sort of performance happens in December or becomes habitual, then it is time to worry. Doing so now is nothing short of histrionics.

you can´t be losing 0-4 against Barnsley and expect promotion at the end of season without getting better players in..just too bad Alan, I´m sorry

Who also might not be good enough?

This is the problem Zenga hasn't signed any of these players. It's a combination of the Mendes connection and Thelwell.

How long will the owners put up with a coach who doesn't pick the players they have signed?

Back