• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Chelsea: Verdict Thread

Well that will have shut up anyone saying we lack fight.

Everyone did well. My mate described Toti as being like "a horse on an icy yard" but despite being one of the most inelegant players I've seen he does a job. Other defenders all did well. If we've overpaid for a few players lately I think Gomes will be the one who proves to be a bargain. We really didn't miss Neves today and that is mostly down to Gomes who was superb. I'm claiming an assist as I yelled "Hit it" at Nunes fully expecting a nothing ball back into the area! What a hit! Thankfully his brain fart in the closing minutes when he tried to take three players on 25 yards from goal won't take the shine off his best performance for us yet.

Still lacking up front but Costa and Cunha worked hard and Traore and Moutinho confirmed what nearly everyone knows - they're great for 30 minutes off the bench.

A quick word on Chelsea - they looked leaderless and clueless in the final third. City getting £47.5m for Sterling looks outstanding business. Playing in the City team made him look far better than he is!

One negative: I love Lemina and he was mostly very good today, but homie can't judge a slide tackle to save his life.

A quick word on Banks - you really don't have to give a foul every time a Chelsea player goes down in a challenge. There must have been about 10 very soft fouls given to them today and we got one at the end when Chilwell fell over under minimal pressure and hand balled it.

It’s the rent boys chant. We are not alone in singing it but it is to be deplored

It’s the rent boys chant. We are not alone in singing it but it is to be deplored
Understand if you don't wanna get into it, but would be curious as to the context of the chant.

Back