• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Chelsea: Verdict Thread

Every one was saying when Cunha was signed and ever since that his best position was off the striker. Lop and behold...

I forgot all about Sasa. Will be interesting to have Silva back too.

Different kind of player but Sasa will be good for us I reckon if his recovery goes well.
Does it count if he’s good for 45 minutes before breaking again?

I know he’s older than Costa (wouldn’t guess it by looking at them tbh), but the world’s most handsome forward is out of contract with Milan in June…

Does it count if he’s good for 45 minutes before breaking again?
His injury record really isn't *that* bad, he's had two big ones, otherwise he's played a decent amount.

Hwang has what I would call an awful injury record, because he misses loads of games with minor ailments. Anyone can get an ACL or a broken bone.

His injury record really isn't *that* bad, he's had two big ones, otherwise he's played a decent amount.

Hwang has what I would call an awful injury record, because he misses loads of games with minor ailments. Anyone can get an ACL or a broken bone.
Tongue firmly in cheek, I genuinely pity players who can’t stay healthy as it just seems so unfair to their careers. Always weird how some folks are just more prone to it than others, it seems.

The Giroud reference was less of a joke.

Sasa, Fabio, Cunha and someone who is going to be fine with little minutes. Don’t see any point keeping Raul as an option, I’d sooner give Costa an extension.

Raul will be off in the summer along with Traore, I’m pretty sure. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the former move back to Mexico.

Raul will be off in the summer along with Traore, I’m pretty sure. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the former move back to Mexico.
He’s on a massive wedge. We are going to have to pay to get rid of him. That’s the only reason I see him staying. Keep him as that 4th or 5th guy as it’s already a sunk cost.

Then you might be able to negotiate with him and he says he’d rather leave with no pay off, rather than sit in the stands.

Not sure even Club América can afford him. What’s he on here?

I agree with Punts. We will negotiate a lower payoff so he can leave and go back home. I think he's under pressure from his missus, so it will happen.

I think he’d potentially accept a negotiation if it means he can move back to his home country and be close to his family again after a horrific injury. Especially if it’s to a club who he will play for regularly.

Assuming his pre-season goes well I would be wanting to give Silva a fair crack as the striker next year.

I think he’d potentially accept a negotiation if it means he can move back to his home country and be close to his family again after a horrific injury. Especially if it’s to a club who he will play for regularly.

Assuming his pre-season goes well I would be wanting to give Silva a fair crack as the striker next year.
This is the other thing. Club América aren’t having a great season but it’s not because they aren’t scoring. Henry Martín has been quite good for them.

Definitely not a sure thing that he’s in Mexico next season, IMO.

Around 100k I'd imagine. The terms he'll have agreed whilst he was at his peak, and worth it.
That would make him the highest paid player in MX. Hard to see it happening but maybe his celebrity there will empty wallets.

You'd think he would be more likely to end up in the US than Mexico considering his wage. Wherever he goes, it's clear he doesn't have a future here sadly.

Thing is if he goes to MLS then it's either a big wage drop or he'd have to have Designated Player status, and most teams will have filled those spots for the remainder of 2023.

Back