• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - 2 Liverpool Verdict Thread

Diogo should've put Adama in and obviously should've scored with that chance at the end. We controlled that second half. Feel absolutely sick. Liverpool so lucky to win that. Gutted.

I only really saw the second half but we were incredible I thought. I can’t be upset or angry about that at all

Ouch.

Hats off to Liverpool- they’re walking it, and deservedly so.

had opportunities to score more, didn't take them.

took them out of it for large periods, neto and traore both fantastic. neves had a good game playing further up. few great stops/saves by the defense.

sucks to lose in that manner at the end, but hard to be too upset given the competition and performance. really good game to watch.

Loved watching that - toe to toe with a superb team, pushing them back in an excellent 2nd half - we are very good.

I think it's fair to say Liverpool would have taken a point. It was a pleasure to see us give the best team in the league such a good game and I'm gutted we've lost.

If only Jota had passed to Adama...

Can't fault the effort from anyone just a bit more quality with the final ball/effort and we could have come away with 3 points.
Great game to watch.

Fuck's sake. And I mean that in the best possible way. Feels nearly as undeserved as Spurs (albeit less so, for some reason)

Would have to see it again but thought Jota's chance was slightly behind him so he had to twist to get at it, maybe I'm being generous.

If and when we ever stop shooting ourselves in the foot we are going to take massive strides. I mean, we already are, obviously - but if we can stop handicapping ourselves we're really, really close to breaking that next level.

No shame in losing that game, we were outstanding second half, and Liverpool will come away from that game knowing that they have been in a proper scrap.

Liverpool are deserved champions, we had them under huge pressure for a lot of the second half, and they showed their class by scoring a winner from a half chance so fair play to them for that.

Unlucky that Diogo couldnt get his effort on target but we cant expect him to be at the same level of sharpness yet, and if he had only looked to his right when Adama was clean through, then we would be coming away with a point, but despite all that, we gave a great account of ourselves and should come away from that with a sense of optimism, considering we just went toe to toe with one of the greatest PL champions ever.

Just think if we played like that every week.

They’ve got lucky tonight, but I guess that’s why they’re miles ahead at the top. Gomez is a shithouse defender - but enough on them. I thought we were fantastic. T-Dan summed it up nicely, “gutted but proud”.

As good a performance as we've put in all season. Deserved a point. But you don't always get what you deserve. Adama was magnificent, as were Neves and Moutinho. Saiss and Donk probably had their best games of the season in defence, I thought Saiss was immense. There was nothing to choose between Wolves and the best club team in the world. In fact we were the better team for long periods. We aren't ON our way back, we are there already.

So close to getting the result we deserved

Neto is becoming immense, it's his shirt now for Jota to try to win back

We've just spent large parts of a game well on top against the best side in the world. We missed some wonderful opportunities, so did they tbf, could easily have been 3-1 either way. They've conceded 5 goals away from home all season, so to create what we did is a massive plus. We're proper, genuinely in the race for the top 4. When you consider our first 6 results, that's a remarkable achievement.

It's a massive achievement for the manager when you consider there are players in this eleven that realistically wouldn't get near some other top 6 elevens. We've got improvement to come, players are getting better, and we're a really bloody good side

Gutted at the result but really enjoyed the game, we missed 2 excellent chances wih Doc and Jota but can't really criticise any of our players, we just need small improvements in a few areas and we will be a top 4 side.

We were brilliant despite the loss, pushed them all the way to the end. Poor marking for the first goal but mostly excellent after that. Jota really should have seen Traore's run down his right, though his late miss was probably trickier than it looked as he had very little time and space to get a clean shot in. Thought we deserved a point from that performance but the quality in that Liverpool team is just ridiculous.

The chances we had were incredible, people will speak about wolves and say they were good, and it’s true - but we were at least 4, if not 5 time’s in a 1 v 1 situation with their goalkeeper. That doesn’t happen every week so we had brilliant moments and if we score there, game over.
Some comments from Klopp.

Back