• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - 2 Liverpool Verdict Thread

Traore playing like a nine figure player atm, and no exaggeration. Spain are crazy if they dont make him a regular.
Really magnificent performance, no complaints about the result, we outplayed them and created plenty of great chances we couldnt put away-
* docs header first half, albeit would have been offside
* traore getting past everyone abpuy to go 1-1 and shooting well wide from range
* jota not seeing a wide open traore
* jimi shooting at beckers face from two meters out
* neto doing incredibly to get past everyone in the box and fizzling out
* jota miss at the end

But great performance, everyone played really well, bar maybe doc and jota

Gutted that a couple of preventable goals have cost us some kind of result against the champions elect cos we were brilliant. Traore was unplayable for large parts of the second half. Neto was excellent, he's going to be some player as he's 19 and already damn good. Jimenez's finish is superb, he's one of the best all round forwards in the league easy. Donk was so much improved. I could go on but basically this team are amazing and we deserved something today.

Credit Liverpool, they rode the storm and won the game and that's why they will be champions by a long long way.

That was a fantastic game of football from start to finish, we were brilliant and just a Jota pass and a bit of luck away from 3 points tonight. Gutted to not get anything but we’ve got a nice break now, hopefully Podence signs and we go again at Old Trafford.

Adama was brilliant apart from a couple of terrible moments in our half. Neves absolutely ran the game at times, he was superb. Tbf they were all great.

We definitely had the better chances, incredibly, against a team so tight defensively. They won't believe their luck to have taken six points off of us. If we couldn't beat them playing like that and with those chances, I'm not sure anyone can. City is the 48th game if they get that far unbeaten mind...

Yup just lacking that clinical edge at both ends of the field. As well as Saiss and Den have done at CB I will be glad to see Boly back, and am now thinking maybe we should look to spend serious money on a play like Dias or another, as best level CB as we can get, as feel like if we keep progressing and adding like we have, then we can potentially look to trouble and challenge the league's established elite.

What a superb game. They are brilliant and so are we. So gutted not to get the share of the spoils that we richly deserved.

No doubt about it we were fantastic but you can't help feel gutted and disappointment as well as proud. Thought we were a little sloppy at times which led to the majority of their chances and i was hoping it was going to be another game that Nuno didn't make a sub in as i thought Jota never really got up to speed of the game and that caused us some issues. All in all considering how fast we've got where we are, we are an outstanding team to watch at our best and with proper investment on top of the development of our young squad we are only going to get better.

Have a well earned break then go and win at old Trafford. Play like that and we will slaughter them .

Meh, as expected..... Jammy bastards but im sure
it will be played out as Liverpool having an "off" game but still winning (think i saw the anfield game as an "off" game too)
Probably in a minority but i think last seasons Liverpool were far better to watch than this season.

Would have took Raul off for Diogo miself as he was knackered and it was great to see Traore hit the wing 2nd half and not keep coming deep for the ball like 1st half.

Neto fantastic again, kid is like a duracell bunny.

"Wolves can now regard themselves rightfully as a force in the Premier League. They are entertaining and superbly coached. This is a team that is here to stay in the upper reaches." :)

Agree re Neto. He was superb. I think he may well turn out to be a better player than Jota.

The difference between ourselves and Liverpool is that, in a close game between absolutely top end opponents, they were the ones who found the way to win. When we get that, and we will, we are going to be right up there.

Atmosphere tonight was utterly staggering. Waves of support. AND I didn't hear shit like sign on, thank God. I love night matches at Molineux, and despite the result, that was one of the best.

Final thought - VVD - so good it is almost unfair on the rest of the league. A Colossus of a defender.

Came away from that dissapointed but then again not.

We have gone toe to toe with the best team in the league by some distance and seriously rattled them. Don't think I have seen them defend that deep against anyone else this season.

Very positive about that performance, think everyone who has posted are spot on, and Traore, what a player. He’s becoming a special talent
I know it means nowt but on the Henderson goal, have not seen it clearly from the screens at the ground but assume it was a fair decision from the var check, can anyone confirm?

Very positive about that performance, think everyone who has posted are spot on, and Traore, what a player. He’s becoming a special talent
I know it means nowt but on the Henderson goal, have not seen it clearly from the screens at the ground but assume it was a fair decision from the var check, can anyone confirm?

Yeah, Coady just missed the header and it hit Henderson on his shoulder/back and flew in

Final thought - VVD - so good it is almost unfair on the rest of the league. A Colossus of a defender.

True, but in the 2 games we've played against them we've seen signs he is not a superhuman, Raul picked his pocket causing him to fall on his arse at Anfield, and tonight, when Adama got running at him, you could see the fear in his eyes, i've never seen anyone else even lay a glove on him.

Back