• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - Ipswich 1 - a dissapointing end? verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Capable of winning that - didn't

We are a couple of players short of getting out of this rat race of a division.

At well grows a pair and we are playing against ten. Saying that, we huffed and puffed but deserved no more than we got.

Missed the game, sounds like we struggled today. Sako getting pelters on Twitter. That's that then for this season, I'm hoping for a push for the top 2 next season, we're not far off.

Just not good enough unfortunately,as PLF says a couple of players short.

Once they got the goal Ipswich looked comfortable, came for a draw and got one.

Edwards was crap all game and there was a massive gap between our centre mid and strikers. Sako was appalling. McDonald played well as did dicko.

Very disappointed.

It might have been different if Sako would have turned up - anyone else playing instead of him today come to think of it

Need some serious changes.
E Landell clearly isn't good enough or else he would have played more.
Stearman is too inconsistent and mistake-prone.
Edwards is too one-dimensional.
Sako is inconsistent.
VLP is fast, but like McDonalds burgers, that's about it!

We need an experienced, well-seasoned midfielder. Ditto for central defender, a winger that can pass and shoot (accurately) cover for the full backs (and a challenge to them, too) and another BIG, strong, powerful striker. Those mentioned should go. I am also doubtful about Jackett - his selections, of late, have been dubious and he doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team. Maybe the real problem is Morgan's satisfaction of 20,000 fee-paying fans every week and his lack of ambition that would necessitate spending a great deal of money. I don't know. However, this clearly isn't good enough. Out with a 'phut' not a bang!

Missed the game, sounds like we struggled today. Sako getting pelters on Twitter. That's that then for this season, I'm hoping for a push for the top 2 next season, we're not far off.

Yeah Sako had a stinker but our best player does not deserve abuse on social media

Couple of central midfielders, left back cover, Sako replacement and a striker in the summer for me. No overhaul needed imo.

Sako has had more good games than bad for us & I applaud him for hanging around in Div 1 rather than baling out, but will not lose sleep if/when he goes at the end of this season. Think that there are more influential players for us to hold onto for next season.

Kenny will have some hard choices to make, hopefully he will get the resources to allow him to do what he needs.

Need some serious changes.
E Landell clearly isn't good enough or else he would have played more.
Stearman is too inconsistent and mistake-prone.
Edwards is too one-dimensional.
Sako is inconsistent.
VLP is fast, but like McDonalds burgers, that's about it!

We need an experienced, well-seasoned midfielder. Ditto for central defender, a winger that can pass and shoot (accurately) cover for the full backs (and a challenge to them, too) and another BIG, strong, powerful striker. Those mentioned should go. I am also doubtful about Jackett - his selections, of late, have been dubious and he doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team. Maybe the real problem is Morgan's satisfaction of 20,000 fee-paying fans every week and his lack of ambition that would necessitate spending a great deal of money. I don't know. However, this clearly isn't good enough. Out with a 'phut' not a bang!

Ebanks hasn't played because the first choice have stayed fit and been good.

Stearman one of the best players of the season.

Edwards needs improvement but a useful squad player.

Sako is inconsistent. So is Angel Di Maria.

VLP had a decent game today. Nothing special but ok.

Yeah Sako had a stinker but our best player does not deserve abuse on social media

Lord 'elp us if Sako's our best player!
Dougan, Hibbitt, Wagstaffe, & Richards would piss on him. He's an inconsistent mercenary. OK, when he plays well, he's a killer, but how often is that. We need players that will play a 'blinder' EVERY match, not just when they can be bothered to.

Couple of central midfielders, left back cover, Sako replacement and a striker in the summer for me. No overhaul needed imo.

If we hold onto Dicko & Afobe don't think that a striker is the main priority.

We need to look at the centre of defence, unless Hause is ready to take over there. And if we think we are out of the equation for this year now would like to see him start in the last 2 games this year in his best position.

I thought we played well, up against what we once were, McCarthy showed what we already know, he can get a team out of the Championship but that's where it ends.
Nothing will beat the last two seasons for entertainment in recent times at Molineux whatever happens next.

Dougan, Hibbitt, Wagstaffe, & Richards would piss on him. He's an inconsistent mercenary. OK, when he plays well, he's a killer, but how often is that. We need players that will play a 'blinder' EVERY match, not just when they can be bothered to.

Well he's our top goal scorer?!

George Best would piss Wayne Rooney. What is your point?

Ebanks hasn't played because the first choice have stayed fit and been good.

So good that they let in 3 daft goals against Leeds etc., etc. If Jackett had a super defender on the bench, don't you think he'd have been used?

Back