• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - Ipswich 1 - a dissapointing end? verdict thread

McShane and Bruce I'd definitely agree with but I feel the others are better equipped to deal with their lack of mobility than Batth, owing to their extra experience, especially at the higher levels. Perhaps Batth will improve the mental side of his game to compensate as he gains more experience but as it stands I don't see him getting too much better than what he is now.

Morgan turned into a decent defender at this level eventually after years of looking like a fat mess at Forest. Batth is still young, as I say this is his first proper season above L1. There's enough there to work with.

It seems a lot of the people saying where we are isn't good enough are just expecting too much, given where we've come from. It was absolutely right to give the majority of players who got us up a chance, obviously some of them aren't going to get much better and we will need to improve. I just don't get this attitude of "we want success and we want it now" which is prevalent amongst football fans, a team like Wolves simply cannot expect to demand success, the only possible way is to spend huge Chelsea/City type of money and even that doesn't guarantee it. Jackett has made some mistakes of course but his idea of steady, progressive improvement is the only way forward imo. A little bit of faith and patience is required.
My one concern is if we went up now is that it would be a very difficult season and the numpties would be horrendous in their castigation of Jackett and bring about his probable sacking/resignation, leaving us back to square one.

I'd counter that and say the team was too good for L1, (the best team at that level ever), as it was never a L1 team in the first place and shouldn't have been close to relegation. It was also a young squad who were only going to Improve.

And as people have mentioned, we would struggle if we got promoted this year, the next or the year after so that is a complete irrelevance. Look at Leicester, pissed the league yet until the last few games have been comfortably the worst team in the league. Worry about the PL when we get there. We cannot pick and choose when that is going to happen.

I'd counter that and say the team was too good for L1, (the best team at that level ever), as it was never a L1 team in the first place and shouldn't have been close to relegation. It was also a young squad who were only going to Improve.

And as people have mentioned, we would struggle if we got promoted this year, the next or the year after so that is a complete irrelevance. Look at Leicester, pissed the league yet until the last few games have been comfortably the worst team in the league. Worry about the PL when we get there. We cannot pick and choose when that is going to happen.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try and get promoted now, what concerns me is the reaction if we struggle, I really don't want to get into the "sack the manager twice a year" scenario, it just doesn't pay off. It will take time for Jackett, the current players and any additions we are likely to make, to progress. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic?

I'm not saying we shouldn't try and get promoted now, what concerns me is the reaction if we struggle, I really don't want to get into the "sack the manager twice a year" scenario, it just doesn't pay off. It will take time for Jackett, the current players and any additions we are likely to make, to progress. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic?

Like I said, that reaction is going to occur from a section of fans whether we go up this year or in 5 years with the best championship squad ever.

Like I said, that reaction is going to occur from a section of fans whether we go up this year or in 5 years with the best championship squad ever.

Yeah you're probably right......depressing isn't it

Back