• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Derby: Ruben's Wonderstrike Verdict Thread

Strange game in some ways, largely a bit of a non-event but two good goals from Wolves provides a comfortable win.

Simple.
f98ab28aef5938aa7794e8a93845d6ac.jpg

Derby couldn't near us, complete non-event. If we had wanted to I think we could have made it more but we were happy to just control it and keep Derby at arms-length.

Words cannot describe that Neves goal.

Reminded me of some of the games back in September/October/November where we never much had to break a sweat, won by a goal or two scored reasonably early, then essentially played the game out - able to kick up a gear if needed, but otherwise in complete control. Helped a lot that Derby spent the first half chasing shadows, and the second looking resigned to defeat after Neves did... that.

What a fucking goal. WHAT A FUCKING GOAL

Who was the opposition today?

Piece of piss. Derby didn't lay a glove on us and the goals were outrageous.

Ruben MOTM, unsurprisingly.

Unreal. Total dominance, complete control, a filthy first goal and the best goal ever for the second. And we didn’t even get out of first gear.

Happy fucking Birthday Dan, they don’t get better than that.

21 clean sheets for Ruddy this season? What's our season record?

Rowett says on Sky, "is it wrong to applaud the opposition because that's the best goal I've seen for a long time"

Classy from Rowett. Fair play to him.

No words to describe that goal. Thought Leo looked sharp and his touch was back when he came on.

Game was kinda meh. We won.

What a fucking goal. Fucking outrageous. Absolute filth. Maybe the opposition should be allowed 12 players. Fucking ridiculous. Possibly the best goal I've ever seen.

Bring on the Prem.

A breathtaking goal. It'd take me about 4 hours to do that practising on an empty pitch; he's pulled it out of the bag to pretty much seal promotion. What a player.

And to think no-one's talking about Boly's pass for the opener. This season :icon_lol:

Can't believe some people didn't really enjoy that. Two brilliant goals and complete dominance. Shows how far we've come, I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In total control from start to finish. Excellent performance and I thought we had several gears in reserve.

We were helped by a complete lack of drive from Derby (awful first goal from their point of view) but they couldn't get near us. Our pressing, movement, communication was a level above theirs.

Funny to think that people were nervous about us missing out on the top 2 not so long ago :icon_lol:

MOTM isn't exactly difficult. And THAT goal probably deserves a thread of it's own. Best Wolves goal I've ever seen.

Back