• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Derby: Ruben's Wonderstrike Verdict Thread

From the Derby forum. It made me smile anyway.

But if we’d spent our money more intelligently, we’d have better players. We got good Championship players for the same price they got good Champions League players.

Not expecting Ruben Neves, but spend £6m and I’d expect players that look like they’re playing in the wrong league, not players like Bradley Johnson who look like he’s playing the wrong sport!

Even the Geordies in my local were in awe at that goal, the whole pub erupted. I could watch it over and over and over again. Shame it came to late to be up for Goal of the season because if would have won it by a landslide. This season and about the last 30... I would sell my own mother to keep Neves at Wolves, easily the best Wolves player I have ever seen, I love him. The game aside from the goal was as comfortable as it comes but fair play to Derby they can play decent football. Much better than Cardiff and Villa IMO. Trouble for them is they were just not on the same planet as us tonight. We played some really nice stuff in the 2nd half and what a luxury to have players of the calibre of Costa and Gibbs White to come off the bench.

Absolutely bro, though I am not sure what our mother would have to say about that!

a little exchange from the Derby Forum said:
can you see Wolves winning the PL in two seasons' time?

Frankly, with their backing, yes

Wow. We definitely are making waves.

Wow, just wow!

I thought maybe it was me getting carried away that just after the goal I said to my mate it's probably the best goal I've ever seen live but many of you are saying it too. What a fucking goal!

2-0 flattered Derby, as comfortable game as you like. Our long range passing is magnificent, on a sixpence, I think we are getting used to it now but it is out of this world.

I said to my mate on the way home that although we have put up with a lot of shit and bad luck over the years, ups and downs, we are privileged to have seen the Steve Bull era in our lifetimes and now to be watching this side and who knows what we may go on to achieve with them.

Thank you Fosun!

Wow. We definitely are making waves.

From earlier in that thread... "Their back 3 have more class than our entire team. Their clearances are pinpoint passes" (or something similar)

Just wondering how their 'Wolves we're coming for you' thread was going on their forum?

From earlier in that thread... "Their back 3 have more class than our entire team. Their clearances are pinpoint passes" (or something similar)

Look at Boly's ball to Jota in the build up to his goal

Just wondering how their 'Wolves we're coming for you' thread was going on their forum?

To be fair the thread was called "Wolves, we're coming after you" which they are...About 5 places after us

Pure filth....
0a98d5656e79ae7d6c2dd970ec9b99d6.jpg
0b690da49fbc2ddbdc91469ba6d6580c.jpg
a48367b52eb6ebffe229affbb3fd1a9a.jpg
04cb79e40ed221543e8c2a6444ed7096.jpg
1c28329d2ae14defdd180839db5972fe.jpg
ac626594e375cfa7da12280484c8faba.jpg
21e2f816d3aa3e742b434b6ea932ad05.jpg

The reaction in the South Bank...

I love that you can tell in Ruben's body language that he knows he's fucked up the first touch. Like, "oh shit, how do I fix this". And boy, did he.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

He does! He even admitted as much post match.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just this:
Ruben Neves, what a player, what an incredible passing range he has and what a sensational, brilliant goal! That goal is so hard to do, Ronaldo maybe could do it and Zlatan..ooh and Neves... Over and out..

Classy post-match interview by Gary Rowett . . . Stark contrast to the previous game.

Massive thank you to Derby for how they set up last night. A superb assist in ensuring it was a stroll in the park.

Kevin Phillips had said Derby would attack and look to take Neves out of the game. Still wondering how giving him the freedom to do what he wanted would achieve that.

Jota's goal was class and Rubens was simply ridiculous.

Alan Brazil blatantly trying to stir the FFP pot and morals of having Jorge Mendes link. Simon Jordan pointed out the rules on FFP and of no wrong doing.

Back