• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 1 Chelsea: The Verdict.

Would that be Cathro behind all that, do we think?

I think that was one of the first things you noticed last year - suddenly Wolves' warm-ups were focused and directed. Plus there was the mini warm-up at the start of the second half

Costa is lighting quick, but his confidence is so shot that he doesn't have the balls to use it. For the job he needed to do yesterday I'd have brought Cav or Traore on instead.

hard to call someone lightning quick when they don't beat their man 95% of the time

I think some if it is down to what he's taught to do and how to link with Doherty as he's always that side. But also been quite poor at times, not every single game though

This the same Helder Costa who ripped Tottenham Hotspur to shreds just over a month ago?

Well Costa should feel a kick up the bum around now. Jota looking sharper. Jimenez can sort of fill that role. MGW pushing his way into the team. We've been in poor form but could be picking back up...

This the same Helder Costa who ripped Tottenham Hotspur to shreds just over a month ago?
The same Costa who missed a simple one one in the same game. Which would have given us a point.

I thought he had 1 assist, he made that really nice end-line run for a pass in the box in that one game against uh... that other team (I don't know how you guys remember specific games so well)

but yes, pointing out 1 game Costa played well isn't really evidence of anything. is that the same costa who played crap in other games? yes, correct, same guy.

Manchester United - but Jiminez sent his ball on to Moutinho so Raul gets the assist not Helder.

figured might be something like that. that was a great play either way though!

Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd.

Been spoken about like he's Bonatini MKII for fuck sake. He's made mugs out of some of the best defenders in the league.

That doesn't for a second forgive the utterly rancid performance against Cardiff where even the most basic effort was missing..."but one assist" is bollocks. He released the pass at Man Utd for Jimminez to tee up João, he released Doherty to cross for Jimminez against Burnley, he single-handedly won the corner we scored off against Man City.

His miss against Spurs for me wasn't as bad as Doherty at Leicester and Jimminez at West Ham. The whole team has been fairly piss weak at finishing good opportunities.

Helder Costa 2018 gets knocked off the ball like a 8 year old unfortunately. He needs to toughen up and stay on his feet. He is not getting free kicks four out of five times he is knocked over and left on his arse out of position and the move breaks down.

Must score that one against spurs. He has shown far better finishes than that required but shit happens. Doesn't mean he can't cop some flack for missing it.

His one on one was miles worse than Doherty not being able to connect with a fast bouncing cross at Leicester.

Costa has been way below par in the main this season. Unlike the out of form Jota he sometimes looks like he has given up. I want them both to do well and be here for a long time. Jota will be back in form bouyed by his perfomance on Wednesday. Costa didn't pick up form from his good performances his form is more random and mostly bad. He doesn't look happy to me and that aint gonna help.

Back