• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Chelsea: Verdict Thread

Coote was remarkably lenient towards us for a change, for the most part.

Semedo was a little lucky with the high studs on Sterling first half. And the potential pen, Toti definitely did trip him up albeit accidentally.

Both could have gone against us on another day. They would have been harsh decisions but that hasn't stopped them before.

Don't, it will upset you.

Just doesn't move or react to the movement off him.
I did do it, I knew I would, you knew I would.

Absolutely awful, how can you do nothing at all there. He was lucky not to give another goal away too earlier in the second half being weak as piss vs Nico "Jason Lee" Jackson.

Toti is still rough at times and Dawson is old but they carry that boy so much.

Watching it back, it absolutely IS handball from Joao's shot but that's VAR and their daft thresholds again.

Three this weekend, Baldock, Odegaard and today, all clear handballs, 0 penalties awarded.
Weren't his arms straight down by his side though? They seem to place an inordinate amount of emphasis on the "unnatural position" part of the rule.

Today's result takes a bit of pressure off for the rest of the Xmas games. Must admit I was a bit worried that we'd lose today, scrape a point at Brentford and I think we'll struggle in the Everton game. They are flying atm and actually playing some decent football, bleugh.

I wouldn't say laughable. He followed through right below Sterling's knee.
Followed through suggests it was intentional, it wasn't, hard to kick a football and retract your foot at the same time, the contact was inevitable.
Having said that, I wouldn't have been that surprised to see a card, given some of the nonense we've seen given. As someone else said , Voote had a good game.

Cheers. Never going to be given that. Arm is tucked in and in a "natural" position. According to how they interpret the rules any way.
It wasn't tucked in! His arm is parallel with the floor!

I thought Gallagher should have had a second yellow for a foul on Hwang in the second half? Again obviously one view in real time but I didn't think he got anywhere near the ball.
He was lucky not to get one for pulling Gomes back at the start of the second half.

Doyle was garbage.
For a kid so young and subbed on late on fucking hell the kid have less lung power then me. I hope we haven't got an obligation in the summer. Miles better out there.

I wouldn't say laughable. He followed through right below Sterling's knee.
He cleared the ball, then touched Sterling's leg that was flailing around, it was similar to what Boly got booked for yesterday.

Gazza in his BBC interview just drops this nugget in at the end when talking about going toe to toe with a big team like Chelsea:

"We turn the ball over a lot because I ask them to do complicated things. I ask them to act and behave like a big team."

Not sure we have the technically gifted players to always do that. And like I said in the match thread it could be a case of TMI sometimes.

Back