• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Bristol 1 - the Matt Doherty masterclass verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Crap first half - better second

KJ has had a brain implant in that he tried to win that & somehow we did

Give the kids a chance now please - they at least want to play

Wolves win just papers over the cracks?
At least Jackett seemed to want us to win tonight

Matt Doherty is our best player by a mile

Hopefully this convinces Jackett that we do have the players to actually attack teams rather than just sitting back and hoping for a 0-0 and that some of the kids are worth a go. First half sounded turgid, second a bit better, 3 points is at least a positive and great to see Doherty in a good run of form to get his goal and assist.

Typical. Said we'd win if I didn't go.

Hopefully this shows that setting up with what is effectively 3 defensive midfielders against a bottom 6 side at home is not the way to go

Somewhat surprised that he made those subs and looked as if he was trying to win as thats not been his forte this season - we have little to lose from here so hopefully he will continue in this vein

Apparantely the average age of the outfield players at the end was 21.7 yrs (you can't win games with kids you know!)

I'm not gonna comment on the performance, in fact I was tempted to put this on the things that make you sad thread.

I noticed on the Matchday thread that there were wolves fans who appeared to be disappointed that w had took the lead, OK, fair enough, I know your expectations are not being met at the moment but in very nearly fifty years of supporting this club I've never felt disappointed when we have scored a goal.
So I just like to remind those who are disappointed by tonight's result, 'the wanderers will never die, we'll keep the gold flag flying high'.

#ashamed.

Listening to Wolves Player, it sounded like we looked a hell of a lot better once Zyro came on - was it the change in formation that did it, or was Zyro actually playing as well as it sounded?

I'm not gonna comment on the performance, in fact I was tempted to put this on the things that make you sad thread.

I noticed on the Matchday thread that there were wolves fans who appeared to be disappointed that w had took the lead, OK, fair enough, I know your expectations are not being met at the moment but in very nearly fifty years of supporting this club I've never felt disappointed when we have scored a goal.
So I just like to remind those who are disappointed by tonight's result, 'the wanderers will never die, we'll keep the gold flag flying high'.

#ashamed.

Its just because i want a new manager in with a positive approach rather than a defensive unit not playing football..happy for the team we won though im not convinced of jackett..

#ashamed.

Behave!! No one is disappointed by the result and i'm happy that we have won. The point still stands though that i wasn't happy that we had scored, it was more of a like ok we have scored hope we win. Much like the goal against Boro, i couldn't be happy because we were shit and it meant nothing and that's the way every goal seems right now although i was happy when i saw we had scored the second mainly because Doherty deserves it right now but i just feel the result and season mean nothing and forgive me if i can't get excited about that.

You carry on up on that pedestal though looking down on everyone else who isn't happy all the time and merrily skips along thinking everything is fine, oh and the #ashamed bit is pathetic, nothing to be ashamed of, just fans showing real emotion.

We didn't try and win the game. We played well for 10 mins at the start of the second half and scored. Then we did our classic 'sit back and wait for them to score' and they did. We then scored from a set piece to win it.

This league is fucking shit.

Listening to Wolves Player, it sounded like we looked a hell of a lot better once Zyro came on - was it the change in formation that did it, or was Zyro actually playing as well as it sounded?

Zyro appeared to give us a greater presence up front and seemed to suit the position better than Siggy (who has inadequate control) or Mason (who isn't big enough)

Bit of both really. Zyro looked decent on the odd occasions he got the ball. For me Coady, Saville, Hause and Doherty did well. Pretty even game, lacking any real quality from either side.

Cant beat a last minute winner!!!!!!!

Jacket is so full of shit tho. Mason a natural No.10 plays best behind a striker. Sure he also said in his pre match interview that he see's Zyro predominately as a striker when suggest to him that he can play anywhere in the current system. Then they set up the other way round with both on the pitch?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

LJ: "You wouldn't expect that unsporting behaviour from a big historic club like Wolves."
What on earth is this class clown going on about?

LJ: "You wouldn't expect that unsporting behaviour from a big historic club like Wolves."
What on earth is this class clown going on about?

Zyro took about 2 mins getting back for the restart. So must have been tying his shoe laces by the corner flag or something

Zyro took about 2 mins getting back for the restart. So must have been tying his shoe laces by the corner flag or something

Those comments are in the Roberto Martinez league of talking bollocks after a game instead of addressing why you lost.

Back