• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Bristol 1 - the Matt Doherty masterclass verdict thread

LJ: "You wouldn't expect that unsporting behaviour from a big historic club like Wolves."
What on earth is this class clown going on about?
bc4917dca3bbfb567af0532e8f8db76f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The ref did his best to spoil the game to be honest. Didn't see much wrong with it initially to be stopped anyway. He must of being expecting Batth to hit to keeper but he hit it long and out for a throw.

Just seen the goals - great play from Doherty for the first, Byrne tried his best to miss it though. Poor from Iorfa on the equaliser. Not sure what the Brizzle keeper was doing for our winner, although good from Doherty to control the header - quite often see players fluff those chances as they don't expect keeper to miss the ball.

bc4917dca3bbfb567af0532e8f8db76f.jpg

Bollocks it was never a free kick in the 1st place it was a drop ball. IMO we shouldn't have give it em back anyway they was just time-wasting pretending to have a head injury. Tough shit

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

The ref did his best to spoil the game to be honest. Didn't see much wrong with it initially to be stopped anyway. He must of being expecting Batth to hit to keeper but he hit it long and out for a throw.

I can see why he'd be a bit annoyed then. A throw-in deep in their own half is putting them under pressure in possession. Whereas the ball back to the goalie will be kicked long back upfield.

Seems we won the free-kick straight after their throw in and we scored from it. I think most of us would be pissed off if that happened against us.

Mind you, if it was a drop ball contested by a player from both sides then you don't know what the other player is going to do. So I have a little bit of sympathy for Batth if he was unsure what to do and ended up just launching it.

How far down the pitch did the ball go out of play? If it was right by the corner I could understand a bit of frustration.

I think Batth probably meant to put it out for a GK...

Reality is three mistakes have been made between the ball going out and the ball going in their net. Giving away possession, giving away a free kick in a dangerous area and not marking properly for the goal.
The latter should be of far more concern to Mr Johnson than questioning someone morality.

Awful game of football but at least we went for it in the end. Zyro looks quality and Hunte looks quite useful as well. If Henry isn't ready for Sunday I'd start him over Byrne.

Doherty the only starter who had a good game IMO and a class last minute winner.

Certainly wasn't a free kick to them and I thought we had the ball so was annoyed at Danny giving it back to them at all! Mind, with his distribution he might well have been intending to pass it to their keeper!

Certainly wasn't a free kick to them and I thought we had the ball so was annoyed at Danny giving it back to them at all! Mind, with his distribution he might well have been intending to pass it to their keeper!

That's exactly what I thought.

Bristol City manager creates a smoke screen headline to move attention away from the fact his side couldn't beat a home side whose form is rancid. Wolves were there for the taking.

Nice to see us win in - at the start of the season we would have expected this to be a routine home win, but due to the seasons horrendous nosedive, it's turned into a scrappy well won 3 points.

I really hope that the rest of the season is spent trying to mould a team out of the players we have - the worst thing that could happen is a team of young players be burdened with the expectation of a lost season

We need to let the lads play, and from that they will develop. I'm sure there will be mistakes but I'd rather a couple of mistakes than stifle a young players development with fear.

Great stuff from Doherty last night, but talk about shit goalkeeping for the winner, he tracks the flight of the ball all the way and then just flaps at it as Doherty approaches.

Iorfa really needs to sort his shit out on defending crosses, always pre-occupied with the man and trying to block him off, just attack the ball and get it out of the way you dumb fuck!

Yeah gets involved way too much with tussling with the attacker. He's bigger and stronger most times so just get to the ball! It's a bad habit that has developed this season.

Iorfa was a mess all game tbh. He needs some time out of the team so he can look back on this season, put some hours in on the training ground and work on his game before these sloppy mistakes become ingrained in him.

6 points from 9, we have finally turned the corner. A win against Blues on Sunday and all will seem rosey in the Golden Garden. Also, hearing that Edwards is back in light training....

Iorfa was a mess all game tbh. He needs some time out of the team so he can look back on this season, put some hours in on the training ground and work on his game before these sloppy mistakes become ingrained in him.

The theory is if you do the correct things in training it translates on match days.

Back