• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

I would say we will blitz that pretty fucking quickly personally. It is a nothing statement figure from the outgoing figurehead, a mere puffery.

image.jpg

It says in their statement it will take RESOURCES

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 59
I would say we will blitz that pretty fucking quickly personally. It is a nothing statement figure from the outgoing figurehead, a mere puffery.

Isn't it just Morgan saying "When I came in I invested £30m and I have left with the promise they will match that as a minimum" A kind of less generous SJH action. Essentially Morgan has made £0 from the sale as he has got his £30m back but leaving the club in essentially the same state as the day he took over.?

I say 'Don't fret about it'. Things cannot be worse than the current situation (can they?) and there will be a lot of interesting things going on, to keep us amused. The £20-30m thing is surely a bit of 'tongue in cheek' or 'wind-up'. Don't panic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it just Morgan saying "When I came in I invested £30m and I have left with the promise they will match that as a minimum" A kind of less generous SJH action. Essentially Morgan has made £0 from the sale as he has got his £30m back but leaving the club in essentially the same state as the day he took over.?

Exactly - which I think I said in an earlier post. Anyone seen Lopetegui comment that he "had an agreement with an English club"? Looks like we have been scrabbling a bit today and that would explain the delay in the statement.

I'd say the 20-30m figure might be a helpful way of trying to manage expectations after some of the wild and ridiculous stuff that has been floating about online over the past week or so.

Under the amended FFP rules now operational, Championship clubs are allowed to make 39m of cumulative losses over revenue
in a three year period. It strikes me that the Morgan quoted figure is probably aimed at being within that figure. No new owners are going to come in and publicly proclaim they are going to break the league's rules, although in practice they may well bend them considerably.

still exciting times, i maintain that our growth, especially abroad, will rely on healthy competition locally, us vs wolves will now be an event 10x what it was previously

Certainly good exposure for the West Midlands. A distance of only 20 odd miles between 2 Chinese owned clubs, alongside the Chinese-owned MG plant should put the spotlight on the area.

If they can get it right with both clubs, given the rich history available, it could very much be a win-win situation.

Those are a couple of quotes from VillaTalk. Normally not a forum I consider for more than laughing at epic delusion, but I do think these guys both make a valid point. If the Chinese investment all gets into West Midlands football (yes even over at the Crem if Peace can get a price he wants) and we all get back into the top flight and challenging rather than surviving it could be a very exciting time for West Midlands football.

Birmingham and Walsall can get to fuck though.

Under the amended FFP rules now operational, Championship clubs are allowed to make 39m of cumulative losses over revenue
in a three year period. It strikes me that the Morgan quoted figure is probably aimed at being within that figure. No new owners are going to come in and publicly proclaim they are going to break the league's rules, although in practice they may well bend them considerably.

Bang on Joe - I alluded to that earlier and I totally agree with you on this point. I know it doesn't happen often but hey - it's a new World for Wolves today.

£30m That buys you 2 Jordan IBe's. Its a pathetic amount of money for the English market. I guess its time to pull my pants back up.

Feck me when was the last time we spent a net 30 mil in 2 seasons. The answer according to the public accounts is........ Never.

I will take that now and it will buy a seriously improved championship squad.tvm.

Feck me when was the last time we spent a net 30 mil in 2 seasons. The answer according to the public accounts is........ Never.

I will take that now and it will buy a seriously improved championship squad.tvm.

Given the inflation of transfer fees, I think the Hayward period from 93-96 is comparable in real terms. Which is a sobering thought, especially as Wolves were easily the biggest spender at Championship level back then. Now we will only be big spenders along with 4 or 5 other clubs. The Fosun initial statement is realistic in reflecting this, imo.

still exciting times, i maintain that our growth, especially abroad, will rely on healthy competition locally, us vs wolves will now be an event 10x what it was previously

Certainly good exposure for the West Midlands. A distance of only 20 odd miles between 2 Chinese owned clubs, alongside the Chinese-owned MG plant should put the spotlight on the area.

If they can get it right with both clubs, given the rich history available, it could very much be a win-win situation.

Those are a couple of quotes from VillaTalk. Normally not a forum I consider for more than laughing at epic delusion, but I do think these guys both make a valid point. If the Chinese investment all gets into West Midlands football (yes even over at the Crem if Peace can get a price he wants) and we all get back into the top flight and challenging rather than surviving it could be a very exciting time for West Midlands football.

Birmingham and Walsall can get to $#@! though.

This in spades. Not since the early mid 70s has there been a proper wba wolves rivalry where both teams were top half of the top flight. Bring it on

The fans that are moaning already have soured it a little today for me, so many seemed to get swept away in the Robin Li 'we are going to be the next Man City' fantasy that achieving an owner like we have now got seems a disappointment to them.

Wait til Robin Li is unveiled as the new Albion owner......

The fans that are moaning already have soured it a little today for me, so many seemed to get swept away in the Robin Li 'we are going to be the next Man City' fantasy that achieving an owner like we have now got seems a disappointment to them.

Well that gives us something to beat then. There is still serious money backing fosun imo

I pop out to get some cherry bakewells and the news was confirmed....
Wolves sold, Moxey on his way out, KJ set to leave? Looking forward to coming home and seeing an exciting Wolves team in action once again! :)

Fosun haven't stated anything other than 'it will take resources', the fact that people are fucking moaning about them over a comment made by someone who no longer has anything to do with the club and has no control or influence over any amount invested is fucking ludicrous.

Seriously, things are miles better already than they were six hours ago and there's already plenty of unreadable shit about.

If our guys are as serious as I think they are going to be, and they get something like that then the our part of the West Midlands could be part of a pretty damn equal rivalry up at the top end of English football. Unless you are pushing 70 years old, that won't be a familiar feeling where both clubs are up there. Let's wait and see, but for me, the Midlands as a Chinese backed powerhouse of English football would be fucking stonking*

*bar if the shit beat us to a trophy, which would PISS ME OFF NO END!!

A Win Win situation? Whose this player, is he Chinese?

lol. i thought of that too, but didn't want to tempt fate!

Birmingham and Walsall can get to $#@! though.

Yes indeedy, I was thinking the same. And if the East Mids sides could get their act together, it'd be back to the 70s. Proper local rivalry again would be an exciting prospect.

Back