• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

What's that Netherlands esque top?

As a son of dad who clearly remembers the 60’s & 70’s and have endured him boasting about how good it was I’d say we’re as fan base experiencing a similar period to that as the 70’s looking at league position and quality of players. Era’s can’t be compared but I can definitely say to my dad this era is up there.
And I still moan

As a son of dad who clearly remembers the 60’s & 70’s and have endured him boasting about how good it was I’d say we’re as fan base experiencing a similar period to that as the 70’s looking at league position and quality of players. Era’s can’t be compared but I can definitely say to my dad this era is up there.
And I still moan
Think that's fair, hopefully we go onto greater things with JL, first job is to win summat, probably more difficult these days as the gulf between the very top teams is wider now

Watched to MOTD highlights of the 5-1 v Arsenal from 1971, players of note Wagstaffe, Bailey, Munro and Hibbitt, the later in particular can’t believe didn’t win a England cap such a cultured midfielder.

Reactions: PPB
Watched to MOTD highlights of the 5-1 v Arsenal from 1971, players of note Wagstaffe, Bailey, Munro and Hibbitt, the later in particular can’t believe didn’t win a England cap such a cultured midfielder.
I loved that game, I'd been going for a few years on and off by then but that's the first Wolves game I have proper memories of.

30 years today since the last match for the old South Bank. Shaun Bradbury and all that.

344564139_1577162276104229_4033812136267224629_n.jpg

I thought it was great at the time :ROFLMAO:

Fashion in Wolverhampton is always about 10 years behind though so we will have our very own special 80s/90s horrific hybrid in that photo.
When I moved to Hamburg in 2001 I was quite impressed to see that C&A still exists and fashion was somewhere around 1987. It's the closest I'll ever get to being Marty McFly.

Wasn’t allowed to go as I was to young, went to the open top bus parade.

Went to this and still managed to get back to play a gig on the night. Where as all that energy gone, sigh.

This is a new one on me. 1985/86 kit sponsored by Fiat. Did this really happen or is it a fake?

wuNEY71xiTtqeUb.jpg

I've seen that before. Don't think it was ever worn in actual league games, maybe a friendly tournament or similar

Back