• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

The Wolves match worn chap said previously that they sponsored a team performance of the week award and it was a shirt for that rather than a sponsor.

Thats a great looking shirt.

Reactions: jlo
It looks like it's been sewn out of napkins that got hot sauce spilled on them.

Good collar, though.

It looks like it's been sewn out of napkins that got hot sauce spilled on them.

Good collar, though.
I meant the one DW posted! Not that awful Bukta shirt :)

I do have a similar age original leisure shirt somewhere, might have to sell it if people are paying daft money for them

Was the award for drawing away at Reading? They were about to break a league record of consecutive victories or something along those lines and our fine bunch of heroes prevented them from doing so?
Sounds vaguely familiar, it's all slightly before my time though, I'd have only been 4 or 5.

I meant the one DW posted! Not that awful Bukta shirt :)

I do have a similar age original leisure shirt somewhere, might have to sell it if people are paying daft money for them
Ah, missed that out on the last page.

That kit is lovely, although as an American I think I'm genetically obligated to love pinstripes (the Yankees' uniform has brainwashed us all innit). Umbro always seemed to have designed really good stuff, at least before Nike started winding them down.

That kit is lovely, but as an American I think I'm genetically obligated to love pinstripes. Umbro always seemed to have designed really good stuff, at least before Nike started winding them down.
I liked the design of our 2016-2018 kit, but the sponsor was morally abhorrent.

As for Umbro, from an England perspective if anyone ever surpasses their 1990 effort in my lifetime I'll be surprised:

7.3.22-403.jpg

They still put out bangers, don't get me wrong. Look at what they gave to Guatemala:

1685542310381.png
Fucking Guatemala gets that kind of effort!

Long live Umbro tbh.

Last edited:
I'd genuinely buy that shirt.

A bit of nostalgia for us old codgers.

Thanks Facebook for reminding me that it's 11 years today since we signed Frank Nouble.

From Steven Fletcher to that overnight.

Back