• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

Very slightly before my time this one. 2-0 vs Hartlepool in May 1988 and we'd won the Fourth Division.

Who was there?

H5TKg1w.jpg

Same.

Edit I’m probably one of these as that’s where I used to stand IIRC

AB412785-264A-4BC6-BF94-7B8CEF5EBBDA.jpeg

I went to lots of games that season but I just don't remember Hartlepool being one of them ☹️

A nod there to Nigel Vaughan at the front, still in his 20s.

Hard paper rounds back then.

I’m further back, where there was a missing barrier and the surges were bigger 😉
Where the police helmets used to go flying when they used to attempt to go in to whip someone out?
Not being tall at 16 I’d have been at the top of the very back staircase standing on the hand rails to get a perfect view during the game but a quick exit to the train station at full time.

Might post a fair bit in here soon. Been at my folks down in Devon over the weekend and my Dad must be feeling ill. A man that will never get rid of anything. I mean to the point of "Dad, does this camera work?" "No that broke in 1968" Why the fook have you still got it!!!
Anyways he gave up his 6 or 7 years of programmes from the 1988 season (all home and away and pre-season games) and a few Wolves tops

He has this beaut. Already sold this for him. Nice little £80 in his back pocket.

Tred.jpg

Anyone have this. Late 80's Baseball Jacket

Baseball.jpg

Our Programmes from the 90's were ace

How do you deal with Swindon and their financial issues....easy, take the piss

Swindle.jpg

Hoddle.jpg

Very slightly before my time this one. 2-0 vs Hartlepool in May 1988 and we'd won the Fourth Division.

Who was there?

H5TKg1w.jpg
Yeah, I was in South Bank too. My eldest son is a Hartlepool fan. He was in the John Ireland lower and had to sit there on his own watching the post match celebrations.

I recently bought the retro version of the tyre track shirt, it was about the only one I didn't buy in the 90s (apart from the Bukta shirt as it was pretty much the same as the Scoreline one). Also went retro against Chelsea on Saturday in the 1974 League Cup shirt

Might post a fair bit in here soon. Been at my folks down in Devon over the weekend and my Dad must be feeling ill. A man that will never get rid of anything. I mean to the point of "Dad, does this camera work?" "No that broke in 1968" Why the fook have you still got it!!!
Anyways he gave up his 6 or 7 years of programmes from the 1988 season (all home and away and pre-season games) and a few Wolves tops

He has this beaut. Already sold this for him. Nice little £80 in his back pocket.

View attachment 7140

Anyone have this. Late 80's Baseball Jacket

View attachment 7141
I have the tyre tread shirt.

I recently bought the retro version of the tyre track shirt, it was about the only one I didn't buy in the 90s (apart from the Bukta shirt as it was pretty much the same as the Scoreline one). Also went retro against Chelsea on Saturday in the 1974 League Cup shirt
My 74 League Cup shirt will be on view Saturday as long as its not pissing down.

I had loads of kits from the 1990s but I have no idea what happened to them. They included the tyre track kit which, annoyingly, I then bought the retro version of.

My tyre tread shirt went to Africa when there was a huge collection organised by 5Live. Wish I'd bunged them £20 and kept it!

Back