• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - Middlesbrough 24/10/15 Verdict Thread

Neither do I, my fine metallic psycho sci-fi villain friend. However, with the current situation, that is probably as good as it is going to get. We really need Morgan to sell to a new owner that can get us where we all want to be, as the current playing staff are not going to be able to do much beyond keeping us in mid table. Which is a shame, but we are where we are.

Agreed. We see things from different sides but often the message ends up the same. That is waht a good forum should be about. We disagree, we comment , we bicker but we are not rude and we dont fall out. I like that . Keep it up. Its why I stay

Does it sound like sour grapes if I say I really really hope Derby and Boro choke in the play offs? I dislike both of these sides so much.

Does it sound like sour grapes if I say I really really hope Derby and Boro choke in the play offs? I dislike both of these sides so much.

No I agree, and then Bournemouth can drop through the ceiling from the premier league and all will be well again.

On the match much better than Wednesday, but sadly the same result, Edwards MotM by a long way. Shame we didn't have a defender on the bench it's weird I'm sure we sold one not long ago.

The decision to sell Stearman for "footballing" reasons is now coming home to roost. So many people questioned the decision. Looks like they have been vindicated.

They didn't specify if it was for negative or positive footballing reasons though.

No one could have predicted we'd have three injuries.

Was Edwards carrying a knock second half or just knackered? He repeatedly signalled to the bench that he wanted to be subbed, only to be given an energy bar and told to get on with it.

True or lose Dicko for the whole season but we have and it shows the problem we have, one or two injuries and we have very little depth.

oh and RVLP is stealing a living as a footballer. Lazy, useless on the ball and a bottler out of tackles. He simply cannot start another game for us.

May as well give my view on everyone and everything.

Martinez - Probably could have done better with their first but as Paddy says he stepped to the left to see the ball and Fabbrini put it in the other corner. I still think he's better than Ikeme.

Doherty - He's definitely been worse but i just never feel comfortable with him there, didn't get forward well enough for me.

Batth - Much better than the last 2 games but his distribution still isn't good enough when he's on the ball. Should have scored late on.

Hause - I thought he looked class before his hamstring went. Looked composed and strong and came forward well once or twice, gutted that he got injured.

Golbourne - Better from him and got forward much more, excellent cross for the goal and put another couple of decent crosses in.

Byrne - Impressed. A bit weak but he gave us something we have been missing, was obviously knackered when he chased back to give away the pen and i can forgive him that.

McDonald - Good first half but looked a little lost sometimes in the second and didn't get close enough to any of Boro's 3 then.

Coady - Adds a bit of bite but does go missing sometimes and leaves gaps where he shouldn't. Maybe a little lucky not to get sent off but first booking wasn't one.

Edwards - Energy is fantastic as mentioned and arrived well to head home but his lack of quality on the ball just leaves us lacking in an area where we need it. You know what you get though and maybe we should use that and be better at using it. Visibly tired in the second half.

VLP - Looked like he had no confidence at all. Worked back well though even if he did bottle a couple of challenges.

Afobe - bang goes the myth that he can't play upfront on his own. Lead the line well and caused Boro all sorts of problems, should have scored with his header at the end, was denied by a great challenge from Ayala and then by what looked like a shocking decision. Should have also had a pen.

SUBS

Price - Did ok but for me he should be in front of the back four where Fabbrini picks the ball up from and scores the first. Nearly scored but denied by a great clearance.

Henry - Ran around a lot and put a couple of decent balls in but he should have scored.

Ojo - I really don't get him. Refuses to take any one on and tries to play ridiculous crosses in that have no chance of going anywhere.

On Boro they were a very cynical side, surrounding the ref when Coady could have seen red and various other tackles. Fabbrini could have gone for his "tackle" on Doherty by the dug outs and not sure who it was but one should definitely have gone for a 2 footed scissor challenge on Byrne in the first half. Fabbrini was outstanding though and got himself into spaces all afternoon but those around him were not as good. If we had someone like him behind Afobe i'm sure we would be a much better side.

Fabrinni is what you want from a "ten" and although both he and Edwards scored, the difference in ability in that role was worlds apart.

oh and RVLP is stealing a living as a footballer. Lazy, useless on the ball and a bottler out of tackles. He simply cannot start another game for us.

Rvlp went off, Wolves lost their shape and conceded 3. Of all the players on the pitch he wasn't the worst. Just an easy scape goat.

I thought Van La Parra was awful to be honest, never beat his man, crossing abysmal and he always slows it down too much. In his defence he is a right sided winger and playing on the wrong side means he is always looking to get back onto his right foot. He was also no worse today than Henry and Ojo were on Wednesday.

The loss of Hause was massive for us. Until the injury, I felt he and Batth had things under control. Impossible to blame Coady stepping into that position, but we lost the edge we had. Doesn't alter the fact that RVLP was beyond poor though.

The loss of Hause was massive for us. Until the injury, I felt he and Batth had things under control. Impossible to blame Coady stepping into that position, but we lost the edge we had. Doesn't alter the fact that RVLP was beyond poor though.

We bottled the 'edge' by conceding territory at the start of the 2nd half.

Coady looked ok at cb, much more composed, but I'm not sure if that due to KJ telling him to chill out at half time because he was one late challenge away from being sent off.

To say RVLP was 'beyond poor' is stretching the truth imo. He has major limitations but actually worried biros back line due to his pace.

I don't think there was much between Byrne & van La Parra tbh. Both of them skipped past a few Boro players in harmless areas of the pitch, both failed to create anything of note when given the ball on a counter attack and both conceded possession far too cheaply. You could see the penalty coming a mile off, similar to Golbourne's vs Brighton. Stupid tackle.

Edwards was probably our best player. Looked absolutely kicked in the second half though and that was before he pulled up with an injury.

Why were the right side of the South Bank singing "Jimmy Savile, he's one of your own" to the Middlesbrough fans?

Back