• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Arsenal [Tue 6pm BT Sport 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get where Andy is coming from. We're going to finish 14-17, and probably need two wins to make sure we don't finish 18th. It's daft to expect us to win this one. I'll be happy if we try and play a bit of football, I don't want to see those Chelsea tactics again

Oh yeah, I don't expect us to win at all. Right now it's hard to see where a win comes from though, so it feels like they need a result no matter the performance.

I think you will be disappointed on your latter point (even if I think it would be the way to play as out of this form).

Really, really odd.

We need a win.
Yes, but how likely is it that we'll win?

As I said, I want us to win but I just see how or why we will.

I also think if we lose to arsenal it won't have much of an impact on our season. Losing to CP had a much bigger impact.

We really could do with a win tbh.

Lose this and Leicester on Sunday and the mood will be looking and feeling pretty grim again, with no win in 8 games.

I also think if we lose to arsenal it won't have much of an impact on our season. Losing to CP had a much bigger impact.
Every loss in a losing run has a bigger impact than the previous one in player mentality, until you hit rock bottom and it just merges into one.

We lose tonight i guarantee they'll feel worse than they did on Saturday, lose at the weekend worse still. When that stops that's when you're gone

We really could do with a win tbh.

Lose this and Leicester on Sunday and the mood will be looking and feeling pretty grim again, with no win in 8 games.
It'll be no win in 9 league x games if we don't win tonight. No wins in 10 if we also fail to beat Leicester.

On the flip side, Arsenal will go 8 x games unbeaten in the league if they avoid defeat against us tonight.

Losing or not winning is an easy habit to slip into and very hard to get out of.
Reality is we’ve got to many good players to not pick up a win from somewhere.
I agree our problems are all mental and not ability. We’re in a mindset of must not lose or not fall behind.
This a big week come Sunday I think we’ll either have eradicated any relegation worry or will be in genuine trouble.

Every loss in a losing run has a bigger impact than the previous one in player mentality, until you hit rock bottom and it just merges into one.

We lose tonight i guarantee they'll feel worse than they did on Saturday, lose at the weekend worse still. When that stops that's when you're gone
So if we lose tonight it's season over and hello championship?

Ok, so if we lose tonight it's not the end of the world then.

Yep. Confidence and momentum is massive in football. Look at tonight's opponent as an example, they're no great shakes at all and just a month or so ago they were in terrible form and they themselves were around 13th/14th, won a couple and got a small run and now comfortably back in the top half.

Ok, so if we lose tonight it's not the end of the world then.
It would be a worse result than Palace. Not directly in terms of quality of opponent but in player psyche as it's a further defeat to layer on. How many Wolves relegations have you watched Andy? - you know there's a point where the team just breaks and they are gone. We aren't there and as I've said countless times before I don't think we will be, but each defeat brings you closer to that moment. Which is why you can't say a defeat tonight makes no difference simply because the team we are playing isn't low in the table.

It would be a worse result than Palace. Not directly in terms of quality of opponent but in player psyche as it's a further defeat to layer on. How many Wolves relegations have you watched Andy? - you know there's a point where the team just breaks and they are gone. We aren't there and as I've said countless times before I don't think we will be, but each defeat brings you closer to that moment. Which is why you can't say a defeat tonight makes no difference simply because the team we are playing isn't low in the table.
I didn't say no impact, I said minimal impact. If the team "breaks" because of a defeat tonight with virtually half the season to go then we deserve to go down.

I think defeats to teams we should be getting results against are far more damaging both from a psychological perspective and from a league table perspective than teams we wouldn't expect to get results from.

I don't think we can expect to get anything from Arsenal given the form of the respective teams.

Given how much we've collectively bashed the team over the last few weeks, why would anyone expect anything other than defeat? You can be angry about it but it feels inevitable - to me anyway.

I'll leave it there. You either get/agree with what i'm saying or you don't

I'm going a bit Cyber here, but its surely our turn to be 'that team' thats on a bad run, no win in eons, hardly any goals scored recently, plays team who is on a good run and playing well.......and turns them over.
Of course its not a 'must win' at this stage but fans and players really need a lift and that will only come from a win. I will be cheesed off if we lose but I won't completely lose my shit.......well maybe only for 10 minutes.

I'm honestly not that bothered by this game. Losing to Arsenal will have very little impact on the complection of our season.

Obviously I'd like us to win and / or put in a good performance but I won't be too down if we don't.

Mate... I think the club have possibly been guilty of a little hubris and belief in our own exceptionalism (this season has hopefully left us chastened in this regard), but thinking points aren't important is a whole new level of complacent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back