• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Arsenal [Tue 6pm BT Sport 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be tempted to play MGW deeper alongside Neves actually. Someone mobile, can dribble and pass forwards. The problem is we haven’t seen a performance from him in a Wolves shirt that we’d need straight away to give us any confidence in that plan.
But then I don’t have that confidence in the other options right now. I think people have too much expectations of what Otasowie would bring (even compared to how the others are currently playing).
I definately want to see MGW get game time - he gets the ball and immediately looks to pass or run forwards, we are seriously lacking that attribute.

Ah, remember the days... ;)

Waggy is probably my favourite all time player, one of the reasons I started supporting Wolves, I fancied myself ad a 'Waggy' unfortunately lack of pace, skill and any footballing ability curtailed that.
Wish there was more footage of him

I'd like to see 4-2-3-1 from now on (even with the CB options we have) at least it means we're easier to watch, but suspect Nuno will stick with the current set up given the next few games.
Something I never thought I'd say or even think but considering giving the game a miss, with everything else going on, not sure its doing me any good atm.......and maybe I'm a jonah?

I'd like to see 4-2-3-1 from now on (even with the CB options we have) at least it means we're easier to watch, but suspect Nuno will stick with the current set up given the next few games.
Something I never thought I'd say or even think but considering giving the game a miss, with everything else going on, not sure its doing me any good atm.......and maybe I'm a jonah?
No you aren't. I feel the same. It's not doing me any good mentally. I'm not sure why, but that is the case right now.

I know everyone keeps advocating 4-2-3-1 but do you not think that's why the wingbacks suffer such a torrid time as there is an acre of space in front of the them and we now want to restrict the support inside them as well?

I don't think I'll watch, I cant face watching another insipid performance ending in most likely another loss. I have zero confidence we can get any kind of positive result out of this.

I know everyone keeps advocating 4-2-3-1 but do you not think that's why the wingbacks suffer such a torrid time as there is an acre of space in front of the them and we now want to restrict the support inside them as well?
I'm not very good at assessing tactics but it just looks to me that when we've played that system we have more of the ball and look more cohesive and compact as a whole, obviously we will be more open at the back but I'm not sure we concede any more goals.
To me in a 3-4-3 there often seems to be acres of space between all our players and our only attacking chance is a brulliant solo run by Neto/Traore or a worldy long pass by Neves/Coady and I don't think we can rely just on that.

I don't think I'll watch, I cant face watching another insipid performance ending in most likely another loss. I have zero confidence we can get any kind of positive result out of this.
I'll probably end up watching...just can't keep away but not sure I ought to

I cannot not watch a Wolves game when I have the chance. However, I have felt anxious, frustrated, and generally wanting to throw something at the tv far more this season than ever before.
I prowl round the living room while the game is on. My wife comes in, takes one look, and goes out again.
So I’ll be watching on Tuesday having marked all the fixture details on the calendar until the end of Feb.. Six more games.
It just has to get better doesn’t it......?

I cannot not watch a Wolves game when I have the chance. However, I have felt anxious, frustrated, and generally wanting to throw something at the tv far more this season than ever before.
I prowl round the living room while the game is on. My wife comes in, takes one look, and goes out again.
So I’ll be watching on Tuesday having marked all the fixture details on the calendar until the end of Feb.. Six more games.
hopefully

In the halcyon early days of five at the back players like Cav and Jota worked really hard to support the wing backs when we were out of possession. We've gradually evolved to a point where we have 7 players focused on defence and the 3 forwards don't work as hard at getting back . Their job now is increasingly to try and conjure up a goal from the sparse opportunities they get. We used to be one unit defending and attacking, but not any more.

Last edited:
I spent half of yesterdays match moving between the lounge (where the match was on) & the kitchen (where the drink was)

Not enjoyed this season so far as cannot be there & we have had issues - think that we will be just OK by the end & hope for better times.

I spent half of yesterdays match moving between the lounge (where the match was on) & the kitchen (where the drink was)

Not enjoyed this season so far as cannot be there & we have had issues - think that we will be just OK by the end & hope for better times.
You need to sort out your formation, Peter - get more drink in the lounge.

Rui
Semedo Boly Kilman Saiss
Neves Otasowie Donk
Traore Neto
WJ
What i hope Nuno will do. OO pushing forward. Donk and Neves ball winners. Coady needs a rest. Shout from the bench.

You need to sort out your formation, Peter - get more drink in the lounge.
Sometimes you just need to go to another room & not watch - can still hear if something dramatic occurs & they always replay that.

Rui
Semedo Boly Kilman Saiss
Neves Otasowie Donk
Traore Neto
WJ
What i hope Nuno will do. OO pushing forward. Donk and Neves ball winners. Coady needs a rest. Shout from the bench.
That side lacks creativity and craft going forwards - would take out OO and Donk, and replace with Vitinha and Podence.

That side lacks creativity and craft going forwards - would take out OO and Donk, and replace with Vitinha and Podence.
I agree there is less going forward than a "who wants to join the war" queue.

Slightly risky - one of them out I would agree with

If you replace Donck with Vitanha (or Podence) then there is a base, but a bit more going forward. Think that I would prefer Vitanha given the front 3 listed - not been as impressed with Podence over the last few games, goes down too easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back